Managing a wellness center, a beauty center, or a salon can be very stressful and demanding. This is especially true if you have always used post-it notes, paper notes or other traditional methods to organize your work.
The decision to computerize your beauty center with an online management software allows to take a new step into boosting your business. In this manner, you’ll improve the internal organization of your own activity and the quality of the services you’re offering.
An appointment scheduling software is of real help for salons, ensuring maximum efficiency for all your activities. It offers a complete and always updated picture of the personnel availability. Therefore, the operations performed by the personnel in charge are transparent and you can always see who’s doing what.
All this translates into many advantages in terms of: efficiency, quality of service, customer loyalty and therefore greater competitiveness.
Specialized software represents a safe investment with tangible and verifiable benefits in the short term, because it improves efficiency, reduces errors and optimizes staff work time.
In this article, we will show you what are the best appointment scheduling software to use in 2019.
Salon Calendar is a software tool designed to make schedule management a simple and pleasant activity.
It is created to meet the needs of aesthetic shops, hair salons, beauty and manicure salons, tanning salons, wedding planning activities, fashion shops, fitness studios, plastic and cosmetic surgery clinics, beauty care, health and fitness centers.
Salon Calendar is an amazing tool that is handy and easy to use. It also allows any employee to create a profile and save his/her schedule.
This tool facilitates the work of specialists from different industries that need an exact and specific management tool to organize their activity.
Key features include:
- You can switch between profiles and that enables you to view the schedule of any person in your team.
- You can view multiple profiles at the same time and that gives you a complete image on your team’s agenda
- Salon Calendar features Date Navigator. It gives the possibility to the user to open the required date, edit reception hours, and master client data.
- Salon Calendar highlights the importance of accurate scheduling, so you can set different work ranges.
- This program allows you to choose vertical or horizontal timelines and formats of 12 or 24 hours.
- Salon Calendar has the Auto Backup feature that gives you the possibility to save the data to the secured archive.
- You can export into different formats the data from Salon Calendar (MS Outlook, XML, HTML, XLS and TXT).
- Salon Calendar allows you to exchange data with other applications (Apple iCal, Microsoft Exchange Server, Android apps).
The program has a built-in Print Designer, which offers a variety of original templates and multiple options. This feature helps you to make a clear and beautiful printout of a schedule.
Salon Calendar is available for all versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in other business tools, check out our wide collection of guides.
NoiSPA is a program that runs on the Windows platform or on MAC computers with a virtualizer. It was created with the aim of facilitating the administration of your salon.
In a market where customers fly away easily, NoiSpa is the weapon you need to fight competition. With its 43 additional modules, you will have all the tools you need to face any challenge.
The data storage of NoiSPA resides on your computer, not on an internet website, so it also works without an internet connection. Data is therefore safe from prying eyes. If you request the USB pen drive (Pen Drive), you will enjoy maximum data security and have your beauty center with you at any moment.
You can use only the version with remote archives or the Cloud version through additional modules. In this way, your data is available to you wherever you are.
Key features include:
- Automatic customer management.
- Automatic management of articulated appointments by operator or machine. All calculations make them the search engine available for NoiSpa.
- Automatic management of treatments and promotions (more treatments and / or products together).
- Automatic collection management.
Square is a company that offers a comprehensive solution for small and medium enterprises. It’s been a while since they launched their dongle to transform iPhones into dataphones. They’ve also launched many more products since then. The latest one, a complete booking system for appointments is called Square Appointments.
The idea behind Square Appointments is simple: Square offers a web page (or the possibility of integrating it in your own system, even accepting appointments via email) that has everything you need. From this page, your potential customers can book the day, time and even the hairdresser they want.
The Square system will be responsible for sending reminders via e-mail or SMS to customers, which is supposed to reduce the rate of cited not presented. It also synchronizes the calendar with your preferred application (imagine that offering an iCal or access via CalDAV). Notifications via SMS, e-mail or even automatic phone calls are also supported.
The service, as you can imagine, is not free: it costs $30 a month for companies with a single employee, $50 for companies with between two and five employees, and $90 for companies with an unlimited number of employees.
And, this is interesting, you can test the tool for 30 days before deciding whether to use it or not.
Square perfectly integrates your products and connects you to your customers.
Pick your software to spoil your customers
Now, even jobs that have little to do with computer science (beauticians or hairdresser) can no longer do without technology.
The use of information technology in your company can be a huge advantage compared to other competitors in the beauty sector. Appointment tools help you to earn time, not waste it. For this reason, it is important to choose programs that are easy to use.
The heart of your beauty center or your hairstylist 2.0 must be your management and appointment software. These tools allow you to store information about your customers, your business and your appointments.
We hope this guide was useful to you. Let us know what you think about these tools in the comments section below.
RELATED GUIDES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 onboarding software to welcome new employees
- 9 best job board software to connect employees and employers
- 5 best employee monitoring software to use
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2019 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.