- Edge is a very versatile web browser created by Microsoft, and you can customize it in many ways.
- In this article, we will tell you how you can auto-hide the address bar in Microsoft Edge.
- Also, learn what to do if you find the address bar disappearing on its own.
Nowadays, every browser has countless features and customization options. One might say that they have too many of them. But features that provide an end-user with an uncluttered interface are more than welcome, for instance, the option to auto hide the address bar in Edge.
When the address bar is hidden, you can better view the webpage and access the items seamlessly. And Microsoft Edge does it pretty well, unlike Google Chrome which has issues with the full-screen mode.
The guide below will show you can auto hide the address bar in Edge.
The steps written below will also help if you were looking to do one of these:
- Hide address bar in Edge
- Hide top bar in Edge
- Microsoft Edge no address bar issues
- Microsoft Edge hide address bar shortcut
- How to hide the address bar in Microsoft Edge
Before proceeding with the tutorial, we would like to showcase yet another Chromium-based web browser that can do the exact same thing as Edge, and a lot more.
Opera is the name of the browser, and it boasts the speed, reliability, extensive customization features, and a library of extensions that rivals even that of Chrome.
As far as the aforementioned customization features, Opera allows you to rearrange UI elements in whatever way you want, including the ability to auto-hide the address bar.
Hide the address bar, group together your favorite tabs, and reposition your menu icons with this extremely customizable web browser.
Why does my address bar keep disappearing?
The address bar keeps disappearing if you inadvertently switch to full-screen mode. This can happen if you hit the dedicated keyboard shortcut. Check the next section to find out which key it is and make sure you are not pressing it.
Also, if the browser is not properly installed or your computer is infected with malware, the toolbar may hide in Edge along with the other components. In this case, it’s best that you reinstall the browser and check your system for malware using an effective third-party antivirus.
How can I auto-hide the address bar in Edge?
1. Go full-screen using the Edge menu
- Launch Edge, click on the ellipsis near the top right, or press Alt + F to launch the menu.
- Select the Enter full screen icon.
- To view the address bar once in the full-screen mode, move the cursor to the top of the window. And once you move it back to the middle, the address bar will disappear in a few seconds.
This is a simple way to auto hide the address bar in Edge, but remember that it would also hide the Taskbar when running the browser.
2. Use the keyboard shortcut
If manually selecting the full-screen mode from Edge’s Menu feels much trouble, there’s a keyboard shortcut to auto-hide the address bar in Edge.
Navigate to the page where you want to hide the address bar and press F11 or Fn + F11, depending on whether the function key is locked. Also, full-screen mode helps hide the Toolbar as well in Edge.
3. Modify the Group Policy Settings
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run command, enter gpedit.msc in the text field, and click on OK.
- Now, head to the following path using the navigation pane on the left:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge
- Double-click on the Allow FullScreen Mode policy.
- Select Enabled, and then click on OK at the bottom to save the changes.
While the GPO doesn’t exactly hide the address bar in Microsoft Edge, it would fix things if you were unable to do that earlier. If the policy is disabled, users cannot switch to the full-screen mode in Edge.
That’s it! You now know all the ways to hide the address bar in Edge and can work on things with more focus and concentration without being distracted. Also, see how to hide the address bar in Chrome.
Do not hesitate to drop your thoughts on Edge missing a dedicated option to hide the address bar.