- The reason why the bad object header error appears can have a lot to do with outdated or faulty drivers.
- Using specialized and reliable software will usually help solve any BSOD problems quickly.
- Stopping the automatic restart of your device is an important first step in fixing the bad object header error.
- the built-in Blue Scree Troubleshooter is yet another quick way of fixing the bad object header error in Windows 10.
The Blue Screen of death can occur suddenly and usually with an error message, like the one we will discuss in this article, but without any further indications on what to do next.
Most of the time, the Windows 10 BSOD errors can be addressed easily and they appear as a result of outdated or faulty drivers.
The bad object header error can be fixed quickly by following the steps recommended in this article, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the bad object header BSOD error?
1. Use a specialized software
Since any BSOD problem is rather complex, then using software that will scan your entire device and fix the cause of the Blue Screen error is indicated.
Restoro is a reliable tool for repairing and updating all outdated drivers on your device.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Stop Windows 10 from automatically restart
- Right-click on your desktop and click on Properties.
- Next, select Advanced settings and go to the Advanced tab in the window that opens.
- Go to the Startup and Recovery section and hit the Settings button.
- Locate the System failure area and remove the checkmark from the box beside Automatically restart.
- Now click the OK button.
3. Update you operating system
- Pres Win+I key in order to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the Update & Security section and click on it.
- Next, select Windows Update from the left-hand side.
- Click on Check for updates option.
- If there are any available updates, allow it to install and restart your device.
4. Use the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
- Open the Windows Settings app and click on Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left sidebar.
- Next, locate the Blue Screen option and click on it.
- Hit Run the Troubleshooter and allow for the process to finish.
5. Check the memory issues
- Open the Windows Settings app and type memory in the search box.
- From the results list, select Diagnose your computer’s memory problems.
- Next, click on the Restart now and check for problems (recommended) option.
- Your device will reboot as indicated and a blue screen will appear.
- Once the diagnosis is finished you will see the results in the System tray notification area.
6. Disconnect additional hardware
It’s not uncommon for the bad object header to happen as a result of an external hardware.
Therefore we recommend you disconnect all unessential external hardware, reboot your device and see if the issue remains.
If it does not, then the next recommended step is to contact the manufacturer and see what the issue might be regarding the faulty hardware.
The bad object header requires an immediate fix since it makes it almost impossible to use the device, once the issue appeared.
Solving this BSOD error is easy with following the exact steps indicated in this guide.
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations and which solution worked best for you.