- The Blizzard Battle.Net app is a free tool that you can use to browse, purchase, install, launch, and manage all Blizzard games.
- The program can sometimes present issues, and we will be looking over one in the article below.
- For more great articles about this amazing tool, check out our dedicated Battle.Net Hub.
- You can find even more useful info on our Blizzard page too.
Blizzard Battle.net is a popular internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard.
The Blizzard application, however, at times may display the failed -network error, and the application encountered an unexpected error when trying to login.
The error can occur due to corrupt installation or bad cache. Another reason for the application encountered an unexpected error is if the Blizzard app is not installed in the Root directory.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the Blizzard Battle.net network & unexpected error in Windows.
How do I fix the Blizzard Battle.net network & unexpected error?
1. Fix the application encountered an unexpected error message
1. 1 Uninstall Blizzard
- Close all the processes of the Blizzard application that is running on your computer.
- Right-click on taskbar > Task Manager and end all the processes related to the Blizzard app.
- Press the Windows key, type control, and open Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program link under Programs.
- Select the Blizzard app from the list of installed app and click on Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm the action.
1.2 Clean Blizzard installation files
- Once uninstalled, open File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
- Look for the Battle.net or Blizzard folder.
- Right-click on the folder and select Delete.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type %AppData% and hit enter.
- In the Roaming folder, look for any Battle.net or Blizzard folder and delete them.
1.3 Reinstall Blizzard
- Once all the folders are deleted, reinstall the Blizzard application.
- Open the Blizzard link and download the latest version of the app.
- Double-click on the installer to install the app.
- During the installation, make sure you select the Windows installation directory (C:/ in most cases) as the installation path.
- Launch the app and try to log in.
Performing clean install of the Blizzard application is reportedly the only way to get rid of the unexpected error. However, make sure to install the Blizzard app in the root directory to prevent the app from triggering the error again.
2. Fix failed – network error
2.1 Try a different region
- If you are trying to download the US version, try the EU version instead.
- The same applies to the EU users trying to download the EU version.
- According to Blizzard, changing the region will use the different region’s patch server, which can help with the connection issues.
- Try these distribution links for EU and US regions:
- Install the patch and check if the failed – network error is resolved.
2.2 Other solutions to try
- Try a different web browser than the one you are currently using.
- Check your proxy settings for configuration issues.
- If you are on a wireless network and if the router supports dual ban connections, try switching between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network.
- Try an alternate network. Turn on your mobile hotspot and connect your system to the network.
- Check if you can log in to the Blizzard app using an alternate network.
The Blizzard Battle.net network & unexpected error usually occur due to incorrect installation or network issues. Follow the steps in this article to fix the problem with your Blizzard app in Windows.
FAQs: Learn more about Blizzard Battle.net
- Why is my Blizzard app not working?
If your Blizzard Battle.Net app is not working, try restarting your computer. If the issue persists, try updating the drivers and Windows OS.
- Is Battle.net stable?
Yes, Battle.net is extremely stable thanks to the frequent updates. However, if you notice things like the client crashing, check out this article on how to fix Battle.net issues.
- Is Blizzard Battle.Net free?
Yes, anyone can download the Blizzard Battle.Net app and use it to the full extent of its capabilities for free.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in April 2020 and was revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.