The BattlEye service startup failed error is an error that comes up when you are using games with the BattlEye anti-cheat setup. This error can create various problems, but today we’ll show you how to fix it.
How to fix BattlEye service startup failed error? This error occurs if the BattlEye files are corrupted, so you need to remove those files manually and then verify the game cache to reinstall BattlEye. In case that doesn’t work, be sure to update your graphics card driver to the latest version and try to run BattlEye again.
How can I fix failed to start BattlEye service error?
1. Delete the BattlEye file
If you’re getting BattlEye service startup failed error, you can fix it by deleting the BattlEye file. To do that, follow these steps:
- If you bought the game on Steam, open your Steam client.
- As soon as it opens, open the Library and search for the game that uses BattlEye.
- Right-click the game and choose Properties from the menu.
- Locate the game’s installation directory and go to it.
- Search for BattlEye folder, right-click and select the Delete option.
After this, you need to delete the game’s cache.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %appdata%. Press Enter or click OK.
- Now locate the game’s directory and remove all files from it. Be sure to back up your saved games beforehand.
Now, you have to re-download the files you deleted. To do this, carry out the procedure below.
- Return to your Steam client.
- Open the Library tab and right-click on the affected game and select Properties.
- Then, get to the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
The game files you just deleted will be downloaded and the BattlEye will be installed.
2. Make sure all your graphics drivers are up to date
When the graphics drivers on your computer are not the latest, you might encounter various issues, one of them being BattlEye service startup failed error. To fix the problem, do the following:
- Open the Device Manager.
- Locate your graphics card on the list, right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- After removing the driver, visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest drivers for your model.
Alternatively, you can use third-party software to automatically update all outdated drivers with just a couple of clicks.
To make sure that everything goes smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, be sure to use a complete driver update assistant that will solve your problems with just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
There you go, these are some solutions that might help you fix BattlEye service startup failed error on your PC. Be sure to let us know in the comments section if any of these solutions worked for you.
- Fix the Steam library folder not writable error with these 5 solutions
- Steam disconnected by VAC: You can not play on secure servers [Fix]
- The Manifest Unavailable Steam network error [FIX]