- Are you using DSL connection? If so, this guide will help you find the best DSL modem that you can get on Amazon.
- DSL modems have proven to be the perfect choice for most networks, especially if you don't have cable access.
- Although DSL modems won't offer the same speed as cable modems, they should provide you with reliable Internet access.
- In case you're looking for a DSL modem router combo, you'll be pleased to know that all devices from this guide are combo devices.
The best solution for a stable Internet connection is a DSL modem that basically functions like a landline phone, and in this guide we’ll help you choose the best DSL modem.
Most popular modems these day are the ADSL type, meaning Asymmetric DSL modems, which implies that the download and upload speeds are have different values.
That’s why when you’re considering getting a modem some important aspects are the maximum speed and the ability to increase Internet speed.
If you’re looking for a new model, keep on reading to find out about our top picks.
What are the best DSL modems to buy?
- 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency
- 2100T wireless security design
- TR-069 remote management for faster deplymen
- No user manual
CenturyLink introduces a DSL modem that features automatic network configuration and a 300 Mbps 802.11n access point.
Thanks to these characteristics you can be sure that your Internet connection will function smoothly at any time, whether you’re focusing on work or streaming your favorite game or TV show.
Another great perk of this modem is the fact that it comes with 802.11n technology and 2T x 2R antennas, which means you’ll benefit from great Internet speed and extended coverage.
This device offers compatibility with various services such as VDSL, ADSL, ADSL2+ and Prism TV. The modem includes a standards-based WPS feature that simplifies the setup procedure of securing a WLAN connection.
Without a doubt, this is one of the best DSL modems for CenturyLink, so be sure to try it out.
- 192 Megabits per second transfer rate
- ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2 support for high performance
- 8 PVCs support and compatible with a great variety of ISPs
- The plastic buttons seem fragile
Another great choice on our list is this TP-Link modem that comes with 24Mbps downstream bandwidth, a one Phone line port and a one 10/100M Ethernet port.
An element you’ll definitely find extremely useful is the incorporated firewall that is meant to protect your Internet connection from various cyber threats.
When it comes to this DSL modem we mustn’t forget about a very important feature, the 6KV lightning protection function that is of great help in protecting against any thunderstorm damage.
Overall, it’s a great modem and one of the best DSL modems for Frontier.
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps
- IPv6 and TR-069 functions for improved speed
- Latest ADSL technology for a smooth internet experience
- Setting it up may be complex
The Netis DSL is a lightweight modem that offers a unique 3 in 1 combination that includes the features of a high-speed ADSL2+ modem, a 4-port NAT router, and wireless N access.
This means that you can easily connect multiple devices at the same time without any hassle while benefiting from a high Internet speed of up to 24Mbps downstream.
Don’t miss out on the the DL4323 technology that ensures a far superior speed than the traditional dial-up connections.
Some other awesome characteristics you’ll definitely love are the Port Mapping feature for IPTV, the Ethernet WAN connection, and many more.
This is one of the best DSL modems for AT&T, so we encrouage you to try it out.
Having a good Internet connection plays a major role in today’s world and in order for it to function at optimal capacity, you need a great DSL modem that can provide you with excellent speed.
We hope we provided you with some clear information that you can definitely use when you decide to search for a high-quality DSL modem.
Don’t be a stranger and share with us your experience and recommendation by accessing the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any model from any major brand will offer all the features that you need. If you need something advanced, we suggest using a gaming cable modem.
For CenturyLink users, we suggest using Netgear modems and Netgear routers.
All DSL models offer similar features, with some minor differences. On the other hand, cable modems with voice support offer far faster performance.