Fighting games have been with us since the dawn of gaming, so a lot of us grew up playing these. Because of this, many of us are used to controlling the characters and moves in a certain way, and mouse and keyboard combinations just don’t cut it
Most of us grew up playing these games on gamepads, so we prefer them when it comes to fighting games.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best gamepads for fighting games that you can buy, so you can show the competition who’s boss.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best gamepads for fighting games that I can buy?
HORI Real Arcade Pro 4
Available only in the Real Arcade Pro line and the choice of tournament fighters around the world, regardless of whether you are playing Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or anything else.
- Compatible with PS4, PS3, and PC (XInput).
- Beveled edges and slim profile for faster actuation and response
- Touch Panel, Turbo function, Button Configuration Mode, and Input Toggle Switch
- Redesigned chassis and increased space between and below stick and buttons
- Uses HORI original HAYABUSA stick lever and new HAYABUSA buttons
- Younger audiences may not know how to use such a gamepad
HORI Fighting Commander
While it may not be wireless, at least you know that the wired connection allows for fast response times from the game, so you never lose because of latency.
- Designed for 2D fighting games with 6-button layout
- Compatible with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC (via Input)
- R/L toggle switch and Turbo functions
- Wired controller for instant response
- Not suitable for those with longer fingers
Qanba Dragon Joystick
‘It is used by many professional e-sports athletes around the world, and they say that this little gamepad never failed them.
- Sanwa buttons and stick with square gate
- Compatible with all video game titles for the PS3, PS4, and PC
- Braided, wired USB
- LED lighting.Stunning aluminum dragon scale interior
- May have issues when used in conjunction with a headset
Razer Panthera Evo
The Razer Panthera Evo is an absolute beast when it comes to arcade fight stick controllers since it is built with advanced features to complement the lightning-quick instincts of those of the fighting game persuasion.
More so, it features 10 buttons and an 8-way joystick that are placed for optimal access to each of them, so you never get lost in what and when to push.
- 10 highly responsive buttons and an 8-way joystick
- Built for modding enthusiasts, customize the joystick and buttons to suit your playstyle
- Dedicated slots to store the detachable screw-lock cable, screwdriver, and two extra buttons
- Deactivate the Start, Back, and Xbox One Guide buttons
- Compatible with major fighting games
- The price tag
Logitech Gamepad F310
Logitech Gamepad F310 is a good example since it can be used on pretty much any platform, not being exclusive like the PlayStation or Xbox controllers.
- A simple plug-and-play USB connection
- Customizable with Profiler software
- Broad game support
- 10 programmable buttons, 8-way programmable D-pad
- The only non-gamepad on our list
Closing thoughts on gamepads for fighting games
There’s something about fighting games that just makes us pick up a controller and play them, no matter if we love that particular franchise or not.
However, veterans and elite players know that the best way to play a fighting game is by controlling a stick with your left hand and pushing buttons with your right.