Fighting games have been with us since the dawn of gaming, so a lot of us grew up playing these. Because of this, many of us are used to controlling the characters and moves in a certain way, and mouse and keyboard combinations just don’t cut it
Most of us grew up playing these games on gamepads, so we prefer them when it comes to fighting games.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best gamepads for fighting games that you can buy, so you can show the competition who’s boss.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best gamepads for fighting games that I can buy?
- Compatible with PS3, PC, Android, Vista, and more
- Beveled edges and slim profile for faster actuation and response
- Dual Vibration Feedback
- Good stability offered by the non-slip grips
- Younger audiences may not know how to use such a gamepad
The first entry on our list is a gamepad that looks like it came from the ’80s but be assured that the EasySMX Wireless 2.4g Game Controller is made with today’s technology.
It has universal compatibility which we know will make so many gamers happy. The Dual Vibration Feedback feature it comes with will put you right in the middle of the action, enriching your gaming experience.
- Works with batteries
- Nice, ergonomic design
- Compatible with a multitude of devices
- May have issues when used in conjunction with a headset
The EasySMX Wireless Game Joystick Controller is a joystick crafted with the hardcore player in mind, as it is equal parts tournament-grade joystick and collector’s piece.
‘It is used by many professional e-sports athletes around the world, and they say that this little gamepad never failed them.
- Built for modding enthusiasts, customize the joystick and buttons to suit your playstyle
- Configurable keys and dual vibration that enhances the gaming experience
- Compatible with major fighting games
- The price tag
The GameSir T4 pro Wireless Game Controller is an absolute beast when it comes to arcade fight stick controllers since it is built with advanced features to complement the lightning-quick instincts of those of the fighting game persuasion.
More so, it features 11 buttons and an 8-way joystick that are placed for optimal access to each of them, so you never get lost in what and when to push.
- Designed for 2D fighting games with a 6-button layout
- Compatible with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC (via Input)
- R/L toggle switch and Turbo functions
- Wired controller for instant response
- Not suitable for those with longer fingers
The HORI Fighting Commander is closer in terms of design to more modern console controllers, but still features a profile that makes it excellent for fighting games.
While it may not be wireless, at least you know that the wired connection allows for fast response times from the game, so you never lose because of latency.
- A simple plug-and-play USB connection
- Customizable with Profiler software
- Broad game support
- 10 programmable buttons, 8-way programmable D-pad
- The only non-gamepad on our list
While veteran and elite players may still be sticking to the stick and buttons controls of the gamepad, the vast majority of casual players have transitioned to the common console controller.
Logitech Gamepad F310 is a good example since it can be used on pretty much any platform, not being exclusive like the PlayStation or Xbox controllers.
There’s something about fighting games that just makes us pick up a controller and play them, no matter if we love that particular franchise or not.
However, veterans and elite players know that the best way to play a fighting game is by controlling a stick with your left hand and pushing buttons with your right.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many great options out there and you can check our list of best gamepads for fighting games to make an informed decision.
Each fighting game comes with interesting stories and depending on what you like the most you can choose the appropriate game.
It is most recommended that you play such games with a controller or an arcade fight stick.