A headphone amp is a relatively low-powered amplifier that raises the low-voltage audio signal from a source device so that the speakers in your headphones can provide better sound.
Bass boost is a feature that some of these amplifiers have that, as the name implies, improve the bass performance of a sound signal.
There are plenty of such devices out there tough, and choosing one can be difficult. That is why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
The FiiO E10K is designed to improve your laptop’s audio output quality via its PCM5102 DAC chip , improving the sound quality of whatever you are listening to beyond what the headphones could ever deliver.
It comes with a selectable bass boost and low-pass filter, both of which are circuitry optimized for a low noise floor when engaged, allowing you to customize the sound of your audio to the finest details.
- Can handle PCM files up to 24-bit/96 kHz while improving audio quality
- Has an optimized low-pass filter and selectable bass boost circuit
- Connects to your laptop via its micro USB connection
- Sleek, brushed aluminum shell and chassis allow for durable, portable use.
- Best suited for experts
It also comes with a great bass boost circuit that completely bypasses when off to ensure low noise floor and purity of sound quality.
- Power and audio quality for headphones ranging from 16 to 150 Ohms
- Gain switch for matching output to headphone power needs.
- Renowned sound quality through expertly selected components and design
- Fully discrete bass boost circuit increases output by 3.5dB at 60Hz, with bypass when off
- Handsome all-aluminum body and chassis
- 1400mAh internal battery powers for up to 16 hours of use
- Can’t be used while charging
Creative Sound Blaster E1
They let you enjoy your music on the go with the jaw-dropping audio fidelity of 106dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), which allows you to focus more on the music and less on the noise.
- Supports high-performance headphones for a studio-grade listening experience
- 106db SNR output that is vastly superior
- High-quality powered headphone splitter lets you share music with a friend with no quality loss
- Built-in Lithium battery with up to 25 hours of audio playback and fully portable
- A built-in mono microphone allows users to take calls when connected to smartphones
- Award-winning virtual surround, bass expansion, and on-the-fly dynamic range improvement
- Crystal Voice features
- Some issues with the software
Indigo Portable Powered Headphone Amplifier
Not only does it improve the sound quality of otherwise weak headphones, but the two levels of bass boost also let you feel the beat like never before.
- Dual headphone output jack with smartphone support for making calls with CTIA headsets
- Smooth rotating analog volume knob for easy operation and precise volume settings
- Over 8 hours of battery life and two bass boost levels
- Up to 250mW power output
- Support for 16 to 150 Ohm headphones
- Not suited for expensive professional headphones
M-Audio Bass Traveler
Featuring two conveniently located 1/8-inch headphone outputs and one 1/8-inch stereo input jack, Bass Traveler seamlessly connects to virtually all personal listening devices.
- Ultra-portable headphone amplifier
- Two 1/8-inch headphone jacks
- Compatible with high-quality, high-impedance (from 16-100 ohms) headphones
- Long-lasting (approx. 8 hours) rechargeable Lithium polymer battery
- Bright LED indicator for power on, battery charge and low battery warnings
- Universal connection to virtually all audio equipment with a 1/8-inch output connector
- Adds bass but doesn’t really amplify anything else
Closing thoughts on headphone amps with bass boost
Buying a headphone amplifier for an audiophile is the same as buying expensive gear for gaming.
You do end up spending some extra money, but you will do it to improve an aspect of your life in a way that others would not really care about.
Thus, if you want to feel a song’s bass with your entire being, not just your ears, a good headphone amp will take you a long way.