How to Fix Problems with Bose Headphones in Windows 10
In order to fully enjoy in multimedia on your Windows 10, you need a quality headphones such as Bose headphones for example. Although Bose headphones are great, few users reported certain problems, so today we’ll show you how to fix Bose headphones problems on Windows 10.
Fix Problems With Bose Headphones on Windows 10
Solution 1 – Remove headphones from Device Manager
Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your headphones in Device Manager, right click them and choose Uninstall.
After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in Bluetooth devices list. Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow these steps:
- On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.
- Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.
Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.
Solution 2 – Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest audio driver
If you’re using wired Bose headphones, you might want to try removing your audio driver in order to fix any potential issues. To remove an audio driver, just go to Device Manager, locate your audio driver, right click it and choose Uninstall. After uninstalling the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest audio driver.
Few users also suggest installing audio drivers by using the compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:
- Locate the audio driver setup file and right click it. Choose Properties.
- Navigate to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select one of the previous versions of Windows, for example Windows 7, and click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Run the setup file and install the latest audio drivers.
Update drivers automatically
If this method doesn’t work or you do not have the necessary computer skills to update/fix the drivers manually, we strongly suggest to do it automatically by using Tweakbit’s Driver Updater tool. This tool is approved by Microsoft and Norton Antivirus. After several tests, our team concluded that this is the best automatized solution. Below you can find a quick guide how to do it.
- Download and install TweakBit Driver Updater
- Once installed, the program will start scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check your installed driver versions against its cloud database of the latest versions and recommend proper updates. All you need to do is wait for the scan to complete.
- Upon scan completion, you get a report on all problem drivers found on your PC. Review the list and see if you want to update each driver individually or all at once. To update one driver at a time, click the ‘Update driver’ link next to the driver name. Or simply click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to automatically install all recommended updates.
Note: Some drivers need to be installed in multiple steps so you will have to hit the ‘Update’ button several times until all of its components are installed.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool are not free.
Solution 3 – Use a Bluetooth adapter / update your Bluetooth drivers
Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers, so make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones. If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter. Users reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved. While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.
Problems with Bose headphones on Windows 10 can be solved easily, and if you have any problems with Bose headphones, feel free to try some of our solutions.
Tor is a free and open source browser focused on anonymous communication, but many users reported Tor Browser is already running error message. If you’re […]
Quite a large number of users reported experiencing an annoying issue when trying to use BBC iPlayer on their device. When attempting to play content […]
Many Windows 10 users reported encountering error message Error loading media File could not be played in Google Chrome. This issue is common for video […]