- If you're having problems with Bose headphones, uninstalling the audio driver and installing the latest version can help.
- You should also try removing the headphones from the Device Manager.
- Make sure they are up to date before connecting the Bose Bluetooth headphones.
In order to fully enjoy the multimedia on your Windows 10, you need some quality headphones such as Bose headphones for example.
Although Bose headphones are great, few users reported certain problems, so today we’ll show you how to fix Bose headphones problems on Windows 10.
What can I do if Bose headphones are not recognized as audio device on Windows 10?
This is a very common issue, and many users reported that Bluetooth headsets are not showing in Windows. This can occur because there’s an issue with the pairing process.
In some instances, Bluetooth audio stuttering can appear if there are issues with the Bluetooth adapter, thus causing the connection to drop.
It’s also possible that you’re having issues with your cables, and if that happens, you’ll encounter the No speaker or headphones are plugged in message. However, all these issues can be easily fixed by following the instructions from this guide.
Why won’t my Bose headphones connect to my laptop?
There are several reasons for this, but the most common ones are Bluetooth glitches. These can happen from time to time, so it’s advised to restart both your headphones and Bluetooth.
Alternatively, you can try to pair your headphones again and check if that helps.
How can I fix problems with Bose headphones on Windows 10 and 11?
1. Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest version
- Go to Search, type devicemngr, and open Device Manager.
- Locate your audio device, right-click it, and press Uninstall device.
- Windows will ask you to confirm that you wish to uninstall the driver. Click on Uninstall device.
If Bose headphones are not recognized as audio device on Windows 10, then you can try removing their driver and installing them again.
After uninstalling the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest audio driver.
However, things could become much easier if you simply install an automatic driver update software. That’s a tool with an extremely generous database of drivers and all it takes is one click for the task.
You’ll have your latest audio driver in no time. And besides helping you this time, do keep in mind that the newest device drivers are added on a daily basis.
You can also try downloading the Bose Bluetooth driver for Windows 10 and check if that helps.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Remove headphones from Device Manager
- Press Windows key + X, and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your headphones, right-click them, and choose Uninstall device.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager.
After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in the Bluetooth devices list.
Few users reported that Bluetooth has disappeared from PC, but we covered this issue in a separate guide, so be sure to check it.
Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow these steps:
- On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.
- Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.
Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.
This method can help if your Bose QuietComfort 35 are paired but not connected on Windows 10, so be sure to try it.
3. Use a Bluetooth adapter/update your Bluetooth drivers
Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers. To avoid this, make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones.
If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter.
Users reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved.
While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.
If you’re having additional problems, you should visit our Bluetooth not detecting devices guide for more solutions.
How to connect Bose headphones to my PC?
- Press Windows key + S and type bluetooth. Select Bluetooth and other devices settings.
- Now click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Turn on your headphones and activate the pairing mode.
- Now select your Bose headphones from the list.
How to connect Bose headphones to my PC without Bluetooth?
You can connect your Bose headphones to your PC using an audio cable, but in order to do that, you need to confirm that there’s an audio socket on the headphones.
If there’s is one, just connect an audio cable to it and then connect the other end to your PC and it should start working without any problems.
Problems with Bose headphones on Windows 10 can be solved easily, and if you have any problems with Bose headphones, feel free to try some of our solutions.
They can be applied even when you can’t connect your Bose headphones to the laptop at all.
Also, if your PC won’t recognize the headphones, be sure to visit our Windows won’t recognize headphones guide.
If you’re aware of another solution to solve the problem, leave it in the comments section below so that other users can try it.
Also, leave there any other questions you may have, and we’ll certainly take a look.