- Bose headphones are preferred by many buyers. Even so, they are prone to the usual problems.
- In this case, uninstalling the audio driver and installing the latest version often does the trick.
- You should also try removing the headphones from the Device Manager.
- Make sure they are up to date before connecting the Bose Bluetooth headphones.
In order to fully enjoy multimedia on your Windows 10, you need some quality headphones such as Bose headphones for example.
Although Bose headphones are great, few users reported certain problems, so today we’ll show you how to fix Bose headphones problems on Windows 10.
How can I fix problems with Bose headphones on Windows 10?
1. Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest version
- Go to Search, type devicemngr, and open Device Manager.
- Locate your audio device, right-click it, and press Uninstall device.
- Windows will ask you to confirm that you wish to uninstall the driver. Click on Uninstall device.
If you’re using wired Bose headphones, you might want to try removing your audio driver in order to fix any potential issues.
After uninstalling the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website, and download the latest audio driver.
However, things could become much easier if you simply install an automatic driver update software. That’s a tool with an extremely generous database of drivers and all it takes is one click for the task.
You’ll have your latest audio driver in no time. And besides helping you this time, do keep in mind that the newest device drivers are added on a daily basis.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Remove headphones from Device Manager
- Press Windows Key + X, and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your headphones, right-click them, and choose Uninstall.
Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager.
After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in the Bluetooth devices list.
Bluetooth isn’t working, and the devices have disappeared? Check out our quick guide that will help you find them.
Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow these steps:
- On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.
- Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.
Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.
3. Use a Bluetooth adapter/update your Bluetooth drivers
Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers, so make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones.
If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter.
Users reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved.
While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.
If Bluetooth can’t find your devices on Windows 10, take a look at this in-depth guide that will offer some helpful solutions.
Problems with Bose headphones on Windows 10 can be solved easily, and if you have any problems with Bose headphones, feel free to try some of our solutions.
They can be applied even when you can’t connect your Bose headphones to the laptop at all.
Also, if your PC won’t recognize the headphones, you can check out our guide about solving problems with headphones not working/detected in Windows 10.
If you’re aware of another solution to solve the problem, leave it in the comments section below so that other users can try it.
Also, leave there any other questions you may have, and we’ll certainly take a look.