- These plug ins can help you streamline your work by providing additional features and functionalities within your favorite Office apps.
- This guide will cover some of the best Office add ins available, which can save you time and effort.
Office add-ins are powerful tools that can help streamline your work and enhance productivity when using Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. There are several plugins available to enhance functionality, automate repetitive tasks, and improve collaboration with colleagues.
However, choosing the one that suits you can be difficult. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best Office Add-ins available, which can help you accomplish more in less time, ultimately making your work more efficient and effective.
How can I install Office Add-ins?
- Download the add-in you want to install. Open any of the Office apps.
- Go to File.
- Click Options.
- Now from the Options window, select Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- Now on the COM Add-ins page, click Add.
- Select the add-in and click OK.
What are the best Office add-ins?
Boomerang – Best for scheduling emails
Boomerang can be a great addition to your Outlook as it can help you schedule emails, set follow-up reminders, and share your calendar availability with users on any platform.
This plugin comes with an AI assistant which helps you write responsive emails. Also, it lets you schedule recurring messages to save time.
It comes with a powerful calendar assistant that helps you incorporate your real-time calendar availability into an email that functions smoothly on various email platforms, including mobile.
Key features of Boomerang:
- Allows you to know if your emails are read with read receipts feature
- Comes with open tracking and click tracking
- Supports multiple calendars
- Can be integrated with Microsoft Teams and Zoom
Lucidchart Diagrams – Best for designing flowcharts
Lucidchart Diagrams is one of the useful Office add ins that empowers your Microsoft apps with the ability to create visual representations.
The simple interface and drag & drop functionality make it easy to draw flowcharts. You can also choose from the templates to get started with.
Lucidchart is integrated with G Suite, so you can use your Google login and sync your work with Google Drive.
Key features of Lucidchart Diagrams:
- Allows you to embed diagrams on your webpage
- Integrates with Microsoft 365, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Export to Microsoft Visio, PDF, JPG, and PNG
- Allows you to publish your flowchart as PDF or image
Pexels – Best platform to get free stock images
Pexels is a free Word, and PowerPoint add in which allows you to search their vast libraries of stock images.
The plugin provides free and legal images for your presentation or document. To find the image, you need to type a word or relevant phrase to find images tagged to them.
You can also search for images based on the color dominant in an image. It works with PowerPoint 2013 or later on Windows but is available for PowerPoint 2016 or later on Mac.
Key features of Pexels:
- Allows you to save images as favorites for easy access
- Works with Microsoft 365 as well
- Can access it using Work/School or a Microsoft account
- Provides customer support via email
DocuSign – Efficient way to sign a document
DocuSign is an important plugin for those who deal in legal documents and have to sign digital documents more often.
This Office add-in enables you to sign or request signatures on documents created and edited using Word 2013 or later.
It allows you to edit a document via Microsoft Word and use DocuSign to specify the signing process that directs the document to the right individuals in the correct order.
Key features of DocuSign:
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Available for SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook, as well
- Allows you to sign in using Office 365 or Microsoft account credentials
- Can be accessed from the Office Ribbon
- Provides an option to sign email attachments from your Outlook inbox
Woodpecker – Best for creating a legal document
Woodpecker Word add-in helps you create or draft a legal template or document with no or fewer errors saving you plenty of time. This reduces risk, increases profits, and you will be able to take on more clients.
This add-in comes with shareable online questionnaires, which help you populate your legal documents automatically, saving you from manually entering the values.
It also allows you to reuse the client data to generate new documents without asking for the same information again.
Key features of Woodpecker:
- Can connect to your other programs with full Zapier integration
- Has an open API
- Allows you to store all templates in one place for easy access
- Online intake forms automatically create documents for you
Data Prep Toolkit – Best for data preparation
Data Prep Toolkit is a useful Excel add-in that helps you clean, transform, format, query, and export data in the easiest way possible.
This plugin can transform crosstab tables to flat lists, combine & split worksheets, add, delete, sort, rename or reorder workbooks, and combine data & merge cells in seconds.
With Data Prep Toolkit, you can query and transform your Excel tables using SQL. With its intuitive query editor, it can display all available tables & highlight syntax.
Key features of the Data Prep Toolkit:
- Allows you to export CSV, PDF, or TXT
- Can split the workbook and save the sheets separately as XLS files.
- Uses Mail Merge to send personalized emails to your Excel contact list
- Enables you to select alternate rows, every other column, or another recurrent pattern
Pickit -Best for finding licensed images
Pickit is one of the best Office add ins that provides you unlimited access to the public, licensed images, & clipart. It works with Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and OneNote.
With this plugin, you can create impactful presentations with legal and compliant images within a few minutes.
It allows you to add unlimited photos or clipart with a single click. You can search images by name and metadata or browse the images by category or collection.
Key features of Pickit:
- Allows you to upload and share logotypes, company assets, and product shots in Office
- Gives you tips and suggestions for designing your slides
- Seamless integration with Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and more
- With the Sharing feature, distribute important info to team members and external suppliers
Email Recovery – Best for email recovery & purge
Emails are an important part of one’s professional and personal life, and we can’t afford to lose them.
However, if you accidentally deleted your emails, then with the Email Recovery add-in for Outlook, you can recover them.
Unlike other plugins, it can recover lost emails in their original form. With the Purge feature of the tool, you can delete your emails permanently.
Key features of Email Recovery:
- Allows you to restore emails that were deleted months ago
- Works for Outlook 2013 or later on Windows
- Also available on Outlook on Mac and OWA
- Can sign in using a work or school account or a Microsoft account
Split Text to Columns – Best to automate split text
Split Text to Columns is a useful add in for Excel, which helps you split text across multiple columns.
Using this plugin, you can divide parts of addresses or pull out product details in separate columns with ease.
You can split the values by spaces, semicolons, line breaks, commas, and more. It also allows splitting values by multiple delimiters simultaneously.
Key features of Split Text to Columns:
- Comes with an option to Treat consecutive delimiters as one
- Works with Microsoft 365, Excel 2013, or later on Windows
- Provides support via Email
- Is free and can be accessed using Work/School or Microsoft account
Zoom for Outlook – Best for scheduling meetings
Zoom for Outlook is one of the best Office add ins, as it allows you to schedule and join Zoom meetings from the Outlook app.
You can configure your settings, & the meeting URL and other information will be added to the body of your calendar event.
You can log in to Zoom either by using the Basic (free), or Pro (paid) Zoom account. It also gives you the option to use an existing Google account, Apple, or Facebook account.
Key features of Zoom for Outlook:
- Add a Zoom meeting to any new or existing calendar event
- Works with Outlook 2016 or later on Mac, Outlook 2013 or later on Windows
- Also available for Teams, OWA, and Microsoft 365
- Offers the best video, audio, and screen-sharing experience
QorusDocs – Best proposal management tool
QorusDocs is a robust add in for Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint, which can help you make business documents effortlessly.
The plugin can help you create and customize business documents, whether it is a proposal, pitch, or NDA.
You can create fresh documents from templates, collaborate on documents with a team and answer queries with a bank of reusable content.
Key features of QorusDocs:
- Automates RFP responses with AI software that recommends highly engaging content
- Securely share proposals from anywhere with a solution designed for distributed teams
- Allows you to gain valuable insights on prospect engagement within your proposals
- Helps in relevant follow-up activities and communication
Send Anywhere for Outlook – Best to send large attachments via email
Send Anywhere for Outlook helps send large attachments to emails easily from any platform, including the mobile operating system.
This plugin allows you to send up to 10 GB of attachments, including videos, zip folders, slideshows, and high-resolution images via email.
After subscribing, you can access the plugin features without ads on all platforms, including desktop, mobile OS, and the web.
Key features of Send Anywhere for Outlook:
- Allows you to share PDFs directly from the PDF viewer
- Enables you to set an expiration date, password, and download limit
- Allows you to share images with right-click of the mouse button
- Works for Outlook 2013 or later on Windows, 2013 or later on Mac, OWA, & Microsoft 365
Duplicate Remover – Best to remove duplicate data
Duplicate Remover is a useful add in to detect duplicate data on your worksheet automatically.
You can select the range of data to review and choose if you want to find repeats or duplicates, along with the action you want to take once found.
You can delete rows, clear the values, add a status column, copy, or move it to another workbook or sheet.
Key features of Duplicate Remover :
- Scans the selected range and shows you the number of found entries
- Allows you to choose columns in the selected data to scrutinize
- Enables you to find both duplicates and unique in the data
- Comes with advanced search options to narrow down search results
Writing Assistant – Best writing assistant
Another useful Office add in, Writing Assistant, can help those whose native language is not English. It helps transforms your writing into professional standard English.
It allows you to translate different languages, such as Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and more, into English with ease.
The plugin is free for most of the features but requires a premium subscription for full access, along with an account to sign in.
Key features of Writing Assistant
- Comes with Grammar and spell checker
- Is powered by AI to flag errors in your writing
- Can adapt to your context and offer suggestions
- Available for Microsoft 365, Word 2013, or later on Windows, 2016, or later on Mac
Pixton Comic Characters – Best for creating educational ppts
Pixton Comic Characters can be a good addition to PowerPoint if you create training and educational material often.
It can help increase engagement and comprehension while making your presentations fun and appealing.
You can select a varied cast of preset characters and outfits and add them to your presentation as per your liking.
Key features of Pixton Comic Characters:
- Helps you simplify complex presentations
- Allows you to add Pixton characters and assets to eLearning programs
- Available for Microsoft 365, PowerPoint 3013, or later on Windows
- Can access using Work/School or Microsoft account
So, these are some of the best Office add ins that you can use to make your productivity. Try them and let us know what worked for you in the comments section below