Binkw64.dll was not Found: How to Fix or Download It Again
Fix the missing binkw64.dll file by verifying the installation
- If the binkw64.dll is missing, make sure you move it to the right location.
- Repairing the game installation and verifying the files can also fix the problem.
Many games use the binkw64.dll file, but if this file is missing, the game that uses it won’t be able to start at all.
Problems with DLL files are fairly common, and we already covered missing DLL files on Windows 11 in a separate guide, so I suggest you check it out for more information.
Before we fix this error, let’s focus on what causes it to appear on your PC.
What is the binkw64 dll?
Binkw64.dll is associated with Bink video codec, and RAD Game Tools develop it. Many popular video games use this codec.
Why is binkw64.dll missing?
There are several causes for this issue:
- Corrupted installation – If your game installation is corrupted, the file might be missing.
- Missing files – Sometimes, the file might not be in the right directory, and that can cause this issue to appear.
What can I do if binkw64.dll is not found?
1. Use a dedicated DLL fixer
There are many reasons why binkw64.dll might be missing from your PC, but getting it back doesn’t have to be difficult at all.
With reliable DLL repair software, you can fix any DLL issue caused by incompatibility between your operating system and third-party software.
Simply download the software, install it, and let it scan your PC and repair your DLL files.
2. Verify game files
- Navigate to your game library.
- Locate the game that is giving you this error. Right-click it and choose Properties.
- Navigate to Local files. Next, select Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the process to finish.
If the game is available on a different platform, the steps will be slightly different.
3. Copy the file to the game directory
- Navigate to one of the following directories:
- Locate the binkw64.dll.
- Right-click it and choose Copy.
- Lastly, go to the game’s directory, locate the directory where DLLs are stored, right-click and choose Paste.
As you can see, fixing issues with missing binkw64.dll is simple, and you need to repair the game installation to fix it.
Missing DLLs can affect any operating system, and we have a great guide on how to fix missing DLL files on Windows 10, so be sure to check it out.
Did you find a different solution for this error? If so, share it with us in the comments section below.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.