Petition calls for Microsoft Money finance app to be restored
Some users of Microsoft’s productivity suite of products believe the software giant made a mistake by ditching the personal and small business finance app Microsoft Money.. That is why a discontented user took to online petition platform Change.org to try to get the app back online.
“Satya Nadella has done a wonderful job putting Microsoft back on the map with his ‘productivity first’, ‘mobile first’ leadership at Microsoft. However Microsoft has a very glaring omission in its Office productivity suite, one that it didn’t have not so long ago, the omission of Microsoft Money for personal and small business finance.”
Fortunately, Intuit’s Mint app remained in place to provide Windows users another choice for managing finances. However, the app left the platform last year. Using Mint, Windows users were able to view their money and bills in a single dashboard, get alerts, and set schedule for their payments. The app also provided users the ability to save money and reduce fees through Mint’s free custom tips.
While the web version of Mint remains available for all, the website is not mobile friendly when viewed using a Windows phone or tablet. Some believe Microsoft is losing a huge opportunity by removing the app from the Windows Store. The move seems to be running contrary to the company’s goal that aims to adopt a “mobile first, productivity first” approach.
The petitioner has proposed several enhancements to the improved Microsoft Money app. The petition states the app must:
- Be able to connect to all our online accounts and aggregate the data using one single-sign-on to Money.
- Be able to do Budgeting.
- Show us our bottom line “net worth”.
- Be easy to query spending trends and look for tax write-offs.
- And as part of its business model it should partner with credit card companies and other financial institutions to offer financial products to its users based off typical usage.
If you agree with these objectives, you can visit the petition’s web page and sign up for it.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 8 best personal finance and accounting Software
- 5 best Microsoft Office alternatives for Windows 10
- Office 365 has now 85 million commercial subscriptions
In case you want to free up some space on your primary hard disk, or you simply bought a better external hard drive, you might […]
Media Center is one of Windows 7’s features that some people liked, and some didn’t, but Microsoft decided to cut it from Windows 10 anyway. […]