Many users have recently reported that there are some problems with the installation process of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. As we all know even though these platforms are stable and great in both performances and in built features there are few annoying and stressful issues; maybe the biggest problem is related to the black screen “bug” issued when you are trying to install or update your Windows 8 OS.
So, if you are dealing with black screen problems, don’t panic and read the guidelines from below as we will try to easily fix this Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 issue. Now, since Microsoft noticed so many complains, the company decided to provide a few instruction to apply in order to fix the blank black screen received on the installation process of Windows 8.1. Therefore, by using the steps from below you will learn how to fix the black screen issue by applying Microsoft’s own solution, though the company is still working on a dedicated path that should be used for addressing this annoying issue by default.
On this matter you can also check how to view BSOD details in Windows 8 or how to fix compatibility problems in WIndows 8, 8.1. Now, use the steps from below and try to repair your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 system. Also, check our own tips if the method presented below isn’t working as expected.
How to Fix Black Screen Issue in Windows 8, or 8.1 – official method provided by Microsoft
- You need to have your bootable Windows 8, 8.1 disk.
- Insert the DVD on your device and restart the handset.
- In case you need to change the boot order just press F9 key from your keyboard.
- Pay attention as you will have to “press any key” in order to boot from CD / DVD – do that.
- Now the install sequence will begin; wait while all the Windows files are being loaded.
- The default Microsoft installer windows will be then displayed.
- From there click on “next”.
- Up next tap on “Troubleshoot” option placed on the lower left corner of the Windows installer screen.
- From the next window choose “Troubleshoot Refresh or reset your PC, or use advanced tools” and then head towards “Advanced options”.
- Open a command prompt window within the installation process by selecting “Command Prompt” option.
- In the cmd window that will be then displayed type “C:” press enter and then type “bootrec /fixmbr” and hit enter in the end.
- You should notice the “The operation completed successfully” message displayed on your device.
- In cmd type “exit” and press enter.
- Reject the Windows 8, 8.1 installation DVD and select “turn off your PC”.
- Wait while your device is being powered off; reboot and that’s it.
Now, that is how you can fix black screen on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Basically this issue is caused by drivers incompatibility. So, if the steps from above aren’t working for you, you can also try to install the latest graphic drivers in safe mode. Now, if you need to install AMD drivers also before rebooting your PC in normal mode don’t forget to uninstall Lucid MVP as this solution worked for lot of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users.
So try these steps and see if you can resolve the black screen from your Windows 8, 8.1 system. Also, use the comments filed from below for sharing your experience with us and for pointing out any other solution that might work and help other Microsoft users – also we will update this step by step guide accordingly.