BlueStacks is a popular Android emulator, but sometimes Bluestacks just isn’t opening. This can be a big problem, but today we’ll show you how to fix it.
What to do if BlueStacks is not opening? This issue can occur if there’s a problem with your installation, so be sure to reinstall BlueStacks completely and check if that helps. If not, you might have to go back to the previous Windows build or turn on virtualization to fix this problem.
Here’s what to do if BlueStacks is not working
- Uninstall and reinstall BlueStacks
- Go back to your previous Windows build
- Switch to DirectX
- Turn on virtualization
1. Uninstall and reinstall BlueStacks
Uninstalling the BlueStacks app completely can sometimes help if BlueStacks isn’t opening. To do that follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to Apps.
- List of installed apps will appear. Select BlueStacks from the list and click Uninstall.
Although this is the simplest method, it won’t remove all BlueStacks files, therefore we recommend using uninstaller software, such as Revo Uninstaller. By using this software, you’ll ensure that BlueStacks and all of its files are completely removed from your PC.
2. Go back to your previous Windows build
Sometimes BlueStacks won’t open after a Windows update. If an update caused this issue, the only option might be to roll back to the previous build by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click the Update & Security option.
- On the left pane, click Recovery.
- Click on the Get started button to return to your previous build.
- Follow the instruction on your screen and you are good
Note: If after trying step 4, the button is greyed out, it means the 10-day rollback period has expired and you can’t go back to your previous Windows build.
3. Switch to DirectX
BlueStacks supports both DirectX and OpenGL, and switching to DirectX might solve this error. To change to DirectX, follow these steps:
- Open BlueStacks.
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click Engine and choose DirectX.
- Click on the Restart Now button.
As soon as your PC restarts, check if the error still pops up.
4. Turn on virtualization
Some users have solved this issue by simply enabling the virtualization option on their PC. Before you turn on the virtualization, it is advised to check if your PC supports it.
For Intel processor
- Download the Intel Processor Identification Utility.
- Run the software and click on the CPU Technologies tab.
- Search through the drop menu until you find the Intel Virtualization Technology option. If there’s Yes in front of it, it means your PC supports the technology.
For AMD Processor
- Download the AMD Detection Utility.
- Run the Utility and check if you have the Virtualization Technology. If your system is compatible with the technology then you can go ahead and enable it.
To enable virtualization, access BIOS and turn on Virtualization Technology feature.
These are just a few useful solutions that might help you if BlueStacks isn’t opening on your PC. Be sure to try all of our solutions and let us know if they worked for you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix BlueStacks latest version already installed
- How to speed up BlueStacks for faster Android gaming on PC
- Here’s how to fix Bluestacks Blue Screen of Death errors