- Error 0xc004f034 is not some sort of critical error that tells you that you won't be able to install and activate Windows 10 ever. It's just Microsoft's message saying that Microsoft's servers are not accessible at the moment.
- But you don't have to worry about it, because the problem will solve itself, you just have to wait until the servers are available again, and you won't have any problems activating your operating system.
- Aren't the activation errors so annoying? Go to our Activation Errors section if you have any problems with that and you will find a solution.
- There are all sorts of errors in Windows 10 but you don't need to be overly concerned because if you visit our Windows 10 errors Hub you will find plenty of articles on how to fix them.
4 solutions to fix Windows 10 error 0xc004f034
- Create .BAT activation file
- Click Activate button multiple times
- Disable your antivirus, firewall and VPN
- Use the Run SLUI 4 command
After the upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.x, your copy of Windows 10 should be activated and genuine. But, some users report that they received an activation error 0xc004f034, so they weren’t able to activate the product.
I prepared a list of possible solutions for this problem, and I hope at least one will help you activate to Windows 10.
Why does Windows 10 error 0xc004f03 occur?
Error 0xc004f034 is not some sort of critical error that tells you that you won’t be able to install and activate Windows 10 ever.
It’s just Microsoft’s message saying that Microsoft’s servers are not accessible at the moment.
It was especially the case in the first couple of days of system availability, because servers were overloaded, due to a huge number of downloads, but it could eventually happen even now.
But you don’t have to worry about it, because the problem will solve itself, you just have to wait until the servers are available again, and you won’t have any problems activating your operating system.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to wait, there are a couple of things you can do to force the activation of Windows 10 right now.
How can I fix error 0xc004f034?
Solution 1 – Create .BAT activation file
So the first solution that could solve the error 0xc004f034 is creating a .BAT activation file in Notepad and executing it to get your Windows 10 activated. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Log into Windows 10 with your Microsoft Account that has administrative rights
- Right-click on desktop, create a .txt file and name it ActivateWindows10.txt
- Open the file and post the following into Notepad:
- @echo off
cscript /nologo slmgr.vbs /ato
if errorlevel 0 goto end
echo Activation was successful. Press any key to close this window.
- @echo off
- Save the file in .BAT format as Windows10Activation.BAT
- Now click on the file to run the script
- Check if your Windows 10 is now activated.
Solution 2 – Click Activate button multiple times
If the .BAT solution didn’t work, you can try the following: Go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation, and then click on Activation button repetitively.
I know this sounds ridiculous, that’s what I also thought, and I spent a lot of time thinking about if I should include this as an actual solution.
But, a lot of people are actually reporting that this worked for them and that they were able to activate Windows 10 after hundreds of clicks on the Activation button.
So it must be some kind of bug within the system, and Microsoft will probably resolve it in the future.
Solution 3 – Disable your antivirus, firewall, and VPN
If you’re using one of these tools or all of them, temporarily disable them while updating your operating system. Keep them turned off during the activation phase as well.
Solution 4 – Use the Run SLUI 4 command
- Open a new Run window and type SLUI 4 > hit Enter.
- A new Windows 10 activation error should appear on the screen. Simply select your country and hit Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and call one of the numbers available to contact Microsoft Support.
This solution is particularly useful if your activation issue was triggered by incorrect PC’s settings, hardware issues and other problems on your end.
That’s it, I hope you’re able to activate your Windows 10 after running some of these fixes. As I told you, maybe you won’t need to do anything, as the activation process will be available once Microsoft’s servers are accessible again.
But if you’re still unable to activate your Windows 10, tell us in the comment section below. We’ll try to find another solution for you.
Also, if you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.
- Why is Windows Update not working?
Frequently Asked Questions
The 0xc004f034 error is an update error meaning that Microsoft’s servers for activations are not accessible at the moment. If Windows won’t activate after reinstall, use this guide to fix the problem.
This is a problem with the Microsoft activation servers so you just have to wait until the servers are available again. However, if you don’t want to wait, follow our step-by-step guide to solve the problem.
There are multiple reasons why it wouldn’t work. However, if you have an error associated with Windows Update, just check our Windows Update Error Codes article.