- Windows activation errors prevent you from using the true potential of your PC.
- The most common solution that applies to all activation errors is to use the Activation Troubleshooter.
Are you getting Windows activation errors when trying to activate it? Notably, there are different kinds of Windows activation error codes that are caused because of various reasons.
In this guide, we have listed most of the Windows activation errors and also the effective solutions that will help you to resolve them quickly. Let us check them out.
What are the most common Windows Activation errors?
Here is a list of some of the most common Windows activation errors that you can come across:
- Error 0xC004F211, 0xC004F213 – These errors mean that Windows was not able to find a license associated with your device’s hardware. To fix the error code 0xc004f213 or 0xC004F211, you need to buy a valid activation code.
- Error 0xC004F212 – This error indicates that the product key you entered on the device did not work. To fix it, contact Microsoft Store or try using the Windows Activation troubleshooter.
- Error 0x803f7001, 0x800704cF – The cause for these errors is a major hardware change or because you have entered an invalid product key. These are common Windows 10/11 activation errors, and they can be easily fixed.
- Error 0xC004C003, 0xC004C060, 0xC004C4A2, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C001, 0xC004C004, 0xC004F004, 0xC004C007, 0xC004F005, 0xC004C00F, 0xC004C010, 0xC004C00E, 0xC004C4A4, 0xC004C4A5, 0xC004B001, 0xC004F010, 0xC004F050 – All these error codes are caused because of the same issues. These could pop up because of the wrong product key, or because the activation servers were busy.
- Error 0xC004F034 – You will face this error if you have entered the wrong product key or entered the product key for a different version of Windows. Apply the solutions mentioned in our dedicated guide to resolve Windows 11 activation error 0xC004F034.
- Error 0xC004F210, 0xC004E016, 0xC004F00F – This error pops up when you have entered the wrong product key, or the current version of Windows installed on your PC does not match the edition of the digital license. We covered 0xc004e016 in Windows 10 in depth in a separate guide.
- Error 0xC004FC03, 0x8007267C, 0x80072ee7 – Internet issues or firewall/antivirus settings can cause this problem. You can try connecting your PC to the internet, or disable the Firewall or antivirus software temporarily to complete the online activation. Here is a dedicated guide to fix the error code 0x80072ee7.
- Error 0xC004E028 – This error appears when you have already sent the request for activation and the process is underway. You should wait for the process to get completed and your device will get activated once the process finishes.
- Error 0xD0000272, 0xC0000272, 0xc004C012, 0xC004C013, 0xC004C014 – You will come across this error if the activation server is busy during the time of activation. Try after some time to complete the process.
- Error 0xC004C008, 0xC004C770, 0x803FA071, 0xC004C020 – These error codes mean that the product key you have entered has already been used on another PC or is being used on multiple PCs than allowed by the Microsoft Software License Terms. Try entering a different product key, valid for your copy of Windows.
- Error 0x8007232B, 0xC004F074, 0xC004F038, 0x8007007B – You will see these error codes if you have used a product key of the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 11 Home or Windows 11 Pro. Also, these errors pop up when you are not connected to the internet to complete the online activation process.
- Error 0x80072F8F – Error 0x80072F8F will appear when your clock isn’t correct. It can also occur if Windows can’t connect to the online activation service. Adjust the time, and check your connection to fix it.
- Error 0xC004E003 – This error occurs when third-party software changes your system files. You can restore system files back to an earlier point in time using System Restore. Also, apply the solutions mentioned in our guide on how to fix Windows 10/11 error 0xc004c003.
- Error 0x80004005 – This error code can be solved by running the Windows activation troubleshooter. For other solutions, you can check out our Windows 0x80004005 error article.
- Error 0x87e10bc6 – This is another one of those errors, where your PC is taking a bit of time to confirm the activation process because of an error in the activation server or licensing service. You can check out our guide that gives you complete solutions to fix error 0x87e10bc6 on Windows 11 as well as 0x87e10bc6 activation error on Windows 10.
- Error 0x80070652 – If the update components or the update-related system files are missing from your PC, then you would come across this error 0x80070652. For a complete list of solutions, you can refer to our guide on how to fix Windows 10/11 update error 0x80070652.
- Error 0xc004f063 – When your PC fails to authenticate the license you will see error code 0xc004f063 on Windows 10. You can try fixing this issue by running the SFC Scan on your PC.
How do I fix Windows activation errors?
Before applying the solutions here are a few things you can actually apply and resolve the error:
- Restart your PC. Sometimes a quick restart can help with all sorts of Windows problems.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily since it’s possible that they are interfering with your connection.
1. Run Windows Activation troubleshooter
- Press the Win + I buttons to open Settings. Click on Activation.
- You will see the Troubleshoot button if your copy of Windows is not activated.
- Hit the button and follow the on-screen prompts to fix the activation problems.
2. Use Command Prompt to activate Windows
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Type Command Prompt and run it as an administrator.
- Execute the below command:
- The process will begin and once the success prompt is displayed, click OK.
- Restart your PC.
We have listed some of the most common and searched Windows activation error codes along with their solutions.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Following the above solutions, you will be able to fix any error codes effectively and easily.
If none of the troubleshooting methods work, a better option would be to reinstall the Windows OS. This should be done, only when nothing works.
We have a guide that will guide you on how you can reinstall Windows 11. The article explains how to do it using the ISO file as well as installation media.
A failed network connection is also the root cause of multiple Windows activation error codes. In such a case, you can check our Intenet connection lost guide for more information.
Did you manage to fix activation errors? Let us know in the comments below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.