If you can’t download Sea of Thieves on Windows 10, here’s what to do
As we informed you yesterday, Sea of Thieves has officially been launched on Windows 10 and Xbox One. And according to some estimates, there are already around 1 million active players.
And, as it’s quite often the case, many have been complaining that they can’t download the game from the Windows Store. Microsoft Studios is aware of the issue and released a couple of possible suggestions.
Fix downloading issues with Sea of Thieves
Here’s what Microsoft officially suggest to do in case you can’t download Sea of Thieves from the Store:
1. See if time/date on your PC is correct
This is a weird one, but apparently, if your PC’s clock is out of sync with the rest of the world, it can cause an error. What you need to do is:
- right-click the Clock on your Desktop and select “Adjust date/time”.
- on the new screen, you can set the time and timezones automatically.
- turn them both on and restart your Windows 10 device.
In case all this won’t work, we have an extensive article on how to fix your Windows 10 clock if it’s wrong.
2. Reset the Windows Store
A simple refresh to the Windows Store will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
- Click Start and type wsreset
- Right-Click on the command and click “Run as Administrator“. On the Windows permission box, click “Yes” or “Run”.
- A black MS Dos screen will appear for a few seconds. After it disappears, the Store will automatically open.
- Try again to install Sea of Thieves
3. Check for Updates to Windows 10
To make sure you are running the latest updates to Windows 10, just click Start and type “updates” in the search box. Afer you have isntalled the latest updates, perform a complete shutdown and restart of your machine.
4. Get Support from Microsoft
Of course, there’s always support.microsoft.com where more troubleshooting advices can be found. Furthermore, we would recommend the following guides, as well:
- Fix: Windows 10 Store not Allowing Purchase of an App
- Fix: Windows Store Games Won’t Download in Windows 10
Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 at the beginning of 2020. Then the software giant will stop releasing patch updates for Win 7. As such, […]
In the past, if you wanted to watch a movie at home, you had to use a clunky DVD player and the TV you had […]
It seems like 2019 is going to be a busy year for the Surface team and Microsoft. The tech giant has the most interesting update […]