5. Switch Bluetooth Off
Some users have also confirmed that switching Bluetooth off can fix the mobile hotspot error. To do that, enter ‘Bluetooth’ in the Cortana app’s search box.
Select Bluetooth & other devices to open the Settings window shown in the snapshot directly below. Then toggle the Bluetooth setting to off.
6. Update Network Adapter Drivers
- Updating outdated network adapter drivers can feasibly fix the mobile hotspot error. To update network adapter drivers, select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.
- Select the Show hidden devices option on the View menu.
- Double-click Network adapters to expand the adapters.
- Right-click Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter and select Enable device if it’s not currently enabled.
- Then select Update driver on the adapter’s context menu, and select the Browse my computer for driver option.
- Select the Let me pick from a list of available drivers option, and then select Microsoft Hosted Network Adapter.
- Press the Next button to update the driver.
- Thereafter, right-click Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter 2 listed on the Device Manager and select Enable device if required.
- Then select Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter 2’s Update driver option on its context menu.
- Click Browse my computer for driver and Let me pick from a list of available drivers as before.
- Select the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter model listed, and press the Next button.
7. Add Mobile Hotspot Software to Windows 10
Remember that there are numerous third-party mobile hotspot software packages with which you can also set up a WiFi hotspot on Windows.
So you don’t always need to set up a mobile hotspot with the Share my internet connection with other devices setting in Windows. You could set up a hotspot in Windows with software such as Connectify, mHotspot, Maryfi or Ostoto.
This software guide provides more details for some of the best Windows 10 hotspot software.
Some of those resolutions might fix the mobile hotspot error so that you can share your laptop’s or desktop’s net connection with other devices.
If you have any other questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: We have updated this article in order to remove a harmful link. The link comes from a software producer that modified its product without giving us prior notice.
- Lumia hotspot not working [FIXED BY EXPERTS]
- 7 free hotspot software for Windows 7 to setup Wi-Fi sharing
- Why won’t my computer connect to my Android Hotspot? [FIX]
- FIX: Windows 10 can’t connect to Blackberry Hotspot
- Surface Pro won’t connect to iPhone hotspot? Here’s how to fix it