- For many reasons, users may face update-related errors with Comodo antivirus.
- If it fails to update its components automatically, manually clicking on the update button may work sometimes.
- You can follow some other methods from this article to fix the Comodo antivirus cannot update problem.
If Comodo antivirus is not updating issue occurs on your computer; this article will help you eliminate this problem.
Comodo is a freemium Antivirus software that has recently gained popularity among many users. However, even though it is considered one of the best Antivirus software for Windows XP today, significant users have complained about not updating problems with this Antivirus program.
If you are interested, look at the solutions for the Comodo Firewall problem.
Though there are several reasons behind this problem, in this article, we will focus only on the solutions and the critical information.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Maximize your PC's security and performance with top-notch digital threat detection.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Browse the web securely for up to 3 devices across Windows, Mac, iOS or Android systems.
Best security tool for intense browsing activity.
How often should I update my virus definitions?
You should update the virus definitions at least once a day. In this way, you will get the latest protection benefits. This rule applies not only to the Comodo Antivirus but also to other security programs.
Is Comodo Antivirus worth it?
Comodo is indeed a good antivirus program. It has a free version that you can use at no cost. However, other AV programs may be better for you unless you use an outdated version of Windows.
For example, ESET Internet Security and Bitdefender Antivirus are better in terms of features and performance. If we compare Comodo with these AV tools, particularly the premium ones, Comodo Antivirus is not worth a shot.
How do I manually update my Comodo Antivirus?
1. Manually tap on the update
2. Configure Proxy and Host settings
- Go to Comodo Antivirus Settings.
- Under General Settings, click on Update.
- Next, click on Proxy and Host Settings.
- Click on Add and add the following entries one by one.
- Next, click on OK.
- Try to update again as shown in method 1.
3. Manually import the virus database
- Go to this virus database download page.
- Download the latest AV database.
- Open the Comodo Antivirus on your PC.
- Click on the question sign icon and go to its Settings.
- Click on import virus database.
- Select the downloaded file and click on open.
- Finish the process.
These are the ways to fix Comodo Antivirus not updating errors. If you know better solutions, you can let us know in the comment box.