- Some Windows 10 users reported the error This computer does not meet the minimum requirements after installing a newer version of the Intel Graphics driver.
- One of the first solutions is to make sure you update your drivers with an automated tool.
- You can also check for Windows updates and install them accordingly to get rid of the error.
- Consider installing the Intel Graphics driver manually by following our step-by-step guide below.
Update: now that Windows 11 is out, many out there are testing the new PC Health Check app to see whether they can make the jump to the new version. Some of the tips from below will work fine but others might not apply anymore, at leat not until Windows 11 gets officially released.
All the Intel Powered computers come with an integrated graphics processor that can perform basic graphic tasks.
This error can occur due to multiple reasons including motherboard disabling the integrated graphics chipset, incompatible driver or the OS, lack of integrated Intel Graphics, etc.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software in Windows.
How do I fix the PC doesn’t meet the requirements error?
1. Update drivers using an automated tool
When speaking about keeping your system up to date, our recommendation tool is one of the best, lightweight solution to have.
It is a complete solution that firstly scans your PC for any missing, broken, or outdated drivers, then it downloads and installs them.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Check for Windows updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Navigate to the Updates and Security section, and click on Windows Updates.
- Go through the available updates and install them.
- The updates may install in batches and require you to restart the PC a few times.
Once all the available updates are installed, check if the error occurs again. If the issue persists, try other fixes below.
3. Update graphic card from Device Manager
- Press the Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc, and click OK.
- In the Device Manager window, expand Display Adapters.
- Right-click on Intel HD Graphics, and select Update Driver.
- Click on the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Windows will look for a newer version of the driver and install it.
- Once installed, reboot the computer and check for any improvements.
4. Manually install Intel Graphics driver
- Press the Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc, and click OK to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click Action.
- Select the Add legacy hardware option, and click Next.
- Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced).
- Scroll down, select Display adapters and click Next.
- Select Intel Corporation under Manufacturer.
- If you know the model and version of your Intel HD Graphics, select the model from the right pane under Model. Windows will install the required drivers for the graphics card instantly.
- If you don’t know the Intel Graphics card version, click the Have Disk button.
- Navigate to the location where you have saved the Intel Graphics driver.
- Select autorun.inf in the root installation folder, and click Open. This will install the Intel Graphics driver without any error.
- If prompted, select the Intel HD Graphics card model and click Next.
- If you don’t know the Intel Graphics model, then select Intel HD Graphics, and click Next.
- Once the driver is installed, restart the PC to complete the installation.
The This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software error occurs if the Intel Graphics processor installed on your system is not compatible with the driver package you are trying to install.
By following the steps in this article you can install the correct version of the Intel Graphics processor and get rid of the error.
However, if you can’t solve the issue with any of the above solutions, your laptop might be simply outdated or broken.
In this case, you can think about buying a new one. Here you can find a list of the best laptops for any budget, so check it out and find the proper one for your needs.
We hope that our solutions helped you to fix the PC doesn’t meet the requirements error. For more suggestions or other questions, please access the comments section below.