Steam is a dominant gaming client, however, many users reported Minimum system requirements not met error in Steam. Your system might meet the minimum requirements or even exceed them, but this doesn’t stop the Steam client from giving out this error.
However, we have a list of fixes that could work for you, so let’s get started.
How can I fix Minimum requirements not met error message in Steam? First off, try disabling or enabling Steam Overlay. If that doesn’t work, you might want to try running Steam in Compatibility Mode. If all other methods fail, you might be able to fix the problem by reinstalling the affected game.
How to fix Minimum requirements not met Steam error?
- Enable/disable Steam Overlay
- Edit the registry
- Run Steam in Compatibility Mode
- Verify game files
- Reinstall your game
1. Enable/disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam and head on over to Settings.
- Click the In-Game tab.
- Check Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Go to the Library.
- Right-click on your game of choice and select Properties.
- Under the General tab also make sure to check or uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.
2. Edit the registry
To fix Minimum system requirements not met error, sometimes you need to modify your registry. You can do that by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R, enter regedit and press Enter.
- Locate the
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\and change the SoftwareOnly from 1 to 0.
- Now go to
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\and change the EmulationOnly value to 0.
- Reboot your machine.
3. Run Steam in Compatibility Mode
In the event that you’re still facing this error, we recommend you trying to run Steam in Compatibility Mode. To do so, follow these steps:
- Locate your Steam installation directory.
- Now, right-click on Steam.exe, and choose Properties.
- Next, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select an older version of Windows. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Now check if the problem is resolved.
4. Verify game files
In some rare occurrence, verifying local files can fix Minimum system requirements not met error. To do this follow these steps:
- Open up the Steam window.
- Click the Library to open the game collection.
- Then right-click on your game and select Properties.
- Press the Verify integrity of game files.
5. Reinstall your game
Sometimes when everything else fails, the best solution is to reinstall your game. To do that, follow these steps:
- For this, just launch Steam and right-click on your game.
- Next, you’re going to choose Properties and select Local Files.
- Click on Uninstall, and once the game is uninstalled, click on Browse Local Files and delete the remaining file. The last step is reinstalling your game.
Even if the cause is a simple error, always keep in mind to verify the minimum system requirements for any game or app you wish to run through Steam. When in doubt, run Steam with Administrator rights, and see if that helps.
There you go, five simple solutions that can help you fix Minimum system requirements not met error Steam error. Feel free to try all of our solutions and let us know in the comments section if they worked for you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: