- An interactive training program is a way to share knowledge with your audience so that the information is retained better, faster, and in a more enjoyable experience.
- Go beyond a simple PowerPoint presentation with one of the tools presented here: add quizzes, create surveys, use a CMS, or even generate complete websites.
- Take a look at the Best Deals Hub for the best software from each category you can imagine.
- See everything else you can find on the internet in the Educational Software section from our site.
There are lots of free and paid interactive tools out there that will help you create training modules to help build engaging educational experience for your audience/clients. Interactivity engages people with your message and mission, and on the other hand, educational content helps to fulfill that mission. Here are five of the best tools for creating training modules.
Create interactive training modules with these tools
Adobe Captivate (recommended)
Adobe Captive is one of the premier solutions for creating captivating and detailed eLearning. It is one of the most versatile solutions out there, but it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of it so that you get to benefit from everything it has to offers.
The integration with the Adobe Suite means that users of similar software will feel right at home with the interface, layer-based interface, and the overall way of using the software.
It comes with a lot of presets and built-in animations and characters. One standout feature is the ability to create truly responsive content. It lets you adjust, add or remove elements based on the screen size so that you can make your content perfectly easy to be consumed according to the device used.
The key features of Adobe Captivate are:
- easily create mobile-friendly courses
- experiential learning like virtual tours, talking-head screencast, and VR experiences
- create multiple modules of one course and impose restrictions via quizzes
- importing PowerPoint presentations
- free trial version to experiment with everything it has to offer
exeLearning is a freeware under GPL-2 that you can use to create educational interactive web content.
Check out the best features that are included in this tool below:
- The software can generate interactive contents in XHTML or HTML5 format.
- The tool allows you to create easily navigable web pages including images, text, multimedia clips, interactive activities, and more.
- All the educational materials generated by this tool can be exported in different digital formats.
- You can generate complete websites.
- You can also classify or catalog educational contents according to various metadata models.
Get exeLearning.net from the official website of the tool and check out more of its exciting features.
M-Learn on the Go
M-Learn on the Go includes thousands of pre-designed courses that will give content creators some easily modifiable templates. Social engagement between instructors and learners is supported by the program’s audio, text, and video functionalities.
Check out more essential features included in this tool:
- Business users who have existing Microsoft PowerPoint presentations will find the support for embedding in Vimeo and Skydive an exciting feature.
- You will also have multiple choice and true/false quizzes that you can use.
- There’s also a rapid survey creation tool included.
- You will be able to use real-time learner tracking.
M-Learn provides customized pricing plans and also promo models that you will find available through the sales team., head over to the official website to find out more details on this program and to try a demo.
Raptvity provides rapid course creation by offering users various templates that can be easily modified by course authors.
Check out the most exciting features that come packed in this program:
- The tool’s offering supports output formats such as HTML5 and Flash, and it allows the course to be published on desktops and mobiles supporting the Flash plug-in.
- The program’s toolkit includes a media toolbox that offers content creators the opportunity to add their own videos, images, buttons, and text into their course interaction models.
- This is one of the most powerful and easiest software that you can possibly find on the market for creating training modules.
- It comes with more than 190 customizable interactions.
- You can use this tool as a standalone or to augment your existing authoring tools.
Raptivity comes with a 14-day free trial. Head over to its official website to check out more details on this great tool.
This is a free drag-and-drop course creating tool. Check out the best features and functionalities that are included in SmartBuilder:
- After all the elements are in place, the customization is managed through the object-based inter-communication functionality.
- This tool supports various content output options.
- There will be also content management and course creation collaboration tools that support enhanced productivity.
- Fast Builder is faster than other similar tools, and it will help you provide experiences that your learners will just love.
- You can combine multiple triggers, responses, and conditions.
- You will be able to create unique content to match any branding.
This tool also allows you to work on your favorite platform without virtual machines. Check out more features packed in this great tool and get your free trial from the official website of SmartBuilder.
- Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in other training software, check out our wide collection of guides.
Lectora Inspire is one of the premium desktop software options for developing web-based training tools.
Check out the best features that are included in this software below:
- The program supports rapid content creation and deployment across more platforms.
- This tool allows course authors to create the course once and made device-specific customizations.
- This is one of the most complete desktop authoring solutions that you will find available.
- This tool is able to provide a comprehensive solution to any video-based or scenario-based and responsive learning needs.
Lectora comes with a free 30-day trial and the pricing for this software is found on the official website. Head over there and check out your options and more features that are included in Lectora Inspire.
These are some of the best tools for creating learning modules that you can currently find online. Check out their sets of features before making any decisions because it’s important to know what every tool has to offer for your needs and skills.
FAQ: Learn more about interactive training software
- How do I create an interactive online course?
- Start by identifying the course objective and your goals.
- Think about your audience and map out key characteristics.
- Decide which format(s) work best with your audience.
- Pick the right software tool and start using it.
- Add any relevant content and quiz/surveys to reach your objectives.
- Track your results.
- What does interactive training mean?
It is a way for students/employees to be more engaged with the learning material – improving the information absorption rate. Find the best software for interactive training.
- What is interactive online learning?
Interactive online learning goes beyond presenting a text, presentation, or video to your audience. It means creating ways for users to interact with the material, to answer questions and respond to assignments, and even the opportunity to present and discuss ideas related to the topics presented.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.