If you are a beginner in 3D modeling, Paint 3D might be the tool for you. However, this somewhat new tool Microsoft disappointed many users.
One of the main reasons for this bad reception was the lack of some basic features. For example, you can’t blur images in Paint 3D.
Also, you can’t curve text. That’s right! You can’t curve letters, words, and sentences in this program.
However, there are some alternatives. Simply put, you can curve text in other programs and then import it in Paint 3D.
Bend text and insert it in Paint 3D
1. Curve text in Microsoft Word
- Open Microsoft Word. In this example, we used the 2010 version, so the steps may vary for other versions of Word.
- Go to the Insert tab, select WordArt and choose any font you want.
- Write your text and select Text effects.
- Go to Transform and select the form you want.
- Copy your curved text and paste it in Paint 3D.
2. Curve text in Paint
- Open Paint and enter your text there. Select a big font (72 will be good).
- Go to Home, click on Select, and choose Select all. This will select your canvas.
- For greater control, make your canvas smaller.
- Right-click on it and select Resize.
- Play with the values at Skew (at Percentage and Pixels) until you obtain the for you want.
- Copy the text and paste it in Paint 3D.
This is a more difficult operation, but at least you can curve the text exactly how you want.
3. Choose a third-party software
A third-party image-editing tool may be more complicated, but it will offer many features. Of course, one of these will be the ability to curve text.
For this occasion, we made a list of the best software out there.
Also, you can choose to move all your work on one of these image-editing tools. So, there will be no need to copy the curved text and paste it on Paint 3D.
As we can see, Paint 3D is a very limited tool. You have more options in other apps from Microsoft such as Word and Paint.
Now we hope that the American tech giant will update Paint 3D to meet the needs of many users.
Did our alternatives help you? How do you curve text? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: