Some users have posted about a “DAQExp.dll missing” error on the Microsoft forum. Those users have said that “DAQExp.dll missing” error messages keep popping up during their system startup.
The full error message states, “The program can’t start because DAQExp.dll is missing from your computer.”
The DAQExp.dll file is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file that gets installed with Wondershare software. So, it’s a DLL file for Wondershare software. There are various Wondershare products for Windows 10, which include video editing, data recovery, and PDF software.
How can Users Fix the “DAQExp.dll is Missing” Error?
1. Remove Wondershare Software From the System Startup
- Users have confirmed that removing Wondershare software, which calls upon the DAQExp.dll file, from the system startup can fix the “DAQExp.dll is missing” error. Open the Win X menu with the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut.
- Select Task Manager on the menu to open that utility.
- Then select the Start-up tab.
- Thereafter, select any Wondershare software listed on that tab.
- Click the Disable button to remove it from the system startup.
- Then restart Windows 10.
If this does not solve your problem, we recommend using a 3rd party solution.
Run a third-party DLL fixer
There are plenty of third-party programs out there that promise to fix or replace missing or broken DLLs, and most of them stay true to their word. However, if you are to choose just one, then there’s no way you can go wrong with Restoro.
How to use Restoro to fix missing or broken DLLs
- Download here Restoro and install it on your Windows 10 PC
- Let Restoro perform a full system scan
- When the scan is finished, press Clean Now
- Restoro will now proceed to fix your DLL-related issue.
Note: While Restoro can be downloaded for free, it has limited functionality until you activate it. That being the case, if you want the full benefit of a great PC repair and optimization tool, you should purchase the full license.
2. Disable Wondershare Services
- Some users might also need to turn off Wondershare services after removing the software from the system startup. To do that, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut, which opens Run.
- Input ‘msconfig’ in Run and click OK to open the System Configuration utility.
- Click the Services tab shown directly below.
- First, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Thereafter, deselect any Wondershare services listed on that tab.
- Press the Apply button, and then click the OK option.
- Thereafter, select the Restart option to reboot Windows 10.
3. Uninstall Wondershare Software
- If the “DAQExp.dll missing” error message still keeps popping up, uninstall Wondershare software with a third-party uninstaller that will also erase its leftovers. Users can uninstall programs with Advanced Uninstaller Pro 12 by clicking the Try for free button on that software’s webpage.
- Install Advanced Uninstaller Pro with its setup wizard.
- Open the Advanced Uninstaller window shown directly below.
- Click General Tools > Uninstall Programs to open the Uninstall Programs window.
- Select a Wondershare program listed on that window.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Select the Use the leftover scanner check box, and click Yes to confirm.
- Select all the check boxes on the Application uninstall clean-up window that opens, and click the Next button.
4. Reinstall Wondershare Software
Uninstalling Wondershare programs isn’t an ideal resolution for users who still want to utilize the software. So, some users might prefer to try reinstalling uninstalled Wondershare software. That should reinstall the program with all its required DLL files.
5. Restore Windows 10 to an Earlier Date
- System Restore can also be a handy utility for fixing missing DLL errors as that undoes system changes which might have generated the DLL errors. To roll Windows 10 back to a restore point, open Run’s window.
- Enter ‘rstrui’ in Run and click OK to open the System Restore utility.
- Click the Next button to open the list of System Restore points.
- Select the Show more restore points option to fully expand the list.
- Select a restore point that will roll back Windows to a time when the “DAQExp.dll missing” error message didn’t pop up.
- Click the Next button, and then select the Finish option to confirm.
Those are some of the resolutions users have fixed the “DAQExp.dll is missing” error in Windows 10 with. Removing Wondershare software and their services from the startup will usually be enough to ensure the “DAQExp.dll is missing” error message doesn’t pop up during system startup. However, users who need to utilize Wondershare software might also need to reinstall the programs or roll Windows 10 back to a restore point.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT: