Dynamic-link library, usually written DLL, is a library (file) that contains code and data and provides much of the functionality of the Windows operating system and other programs.
For instance, the Comdlg22 DLL from Windows performs functions related to dialog boxes. Thus, its functionality can be used by apps to implement an Open dialog box.
You can recognize them by the DLL extension, OCX, or DRV. The format of the file is similar to other Windows EXE, Portable Executable (32-bit and 64-bit Windows), or New Executable (16-bit Windows).
Quick tips to fix DLL issues
- 5 best DLL repair software tools [DLL error fixers]
- FIX: Wow64.dll missing in Windows 10
- FIX: Missing .dll files after Windows 10 update
- Missing acgenral.dll error in Windows 10 [Full Fix]
- What to do when Userdata.dll is missing in Windows 10
For any other problems related to your computer DLL files, don’t hesitate to visit our Dynamic-link library section.