- Dead by Daylight is am massively popular game, but users report a lot of issues.
- If you are experiencing error code 8012 while playing, you came to the right place.
- Your internet connection could actually be the main reason for the DbD problem.
Dead by Daylight users will surely know what we are about to talk about in this article right here because this error is pretty common.
Before you get overwhelmed and completely give up on this awesome game, we will show you exactly what you need to do in this case.
Why am I getting error code 8012 in Dead by Daylight?
Don’t worry, this is not a serious system-threatening issue. In fact, Dead by Daylight error code 8012 is a server-related issue.
That is why the recommendation is to check the server status before doing anything else., just to prevent unnecessary work.
There are however cases in which you will need to wait for the game developer to fix things before you can resume playing.
How do I fix DbD error code 8012?
1. Troubleshoot your Internet connection
- Go to Settings.
- Open Update & Security, then Troubleshoot.
- Click on the Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
- Restart your PC.
2. Use a VPN
- Download and install Private Internet Access or another VPN service.
- Select the region you want and turn the VPN service on.
- Run Dead by Daylight.
3. Install or repair Easy Anti-Cheat
- Navigate to the Dead by Daylight folder on your PC.
- Locate the Easy AntiCheat folder and right-click EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, then select Run as Administrator.
- Restart your PC.
What are the most common DbD errors?
Throughout time, users have reported having performance issues for Dead by Daylight, or the game not starting at all after being installed.
The game has also been known to crash from time to time, but we can say that about a lot of the games we find out there.
And, speaking of this popular game, we can show you the five best Dead by Daylight VPNs you can use to reduce high ping and lag
Now you know a lot more about Dead by Daylight connection errors, so rest assured that you will return to gaming soon.
Regardless of the Dead by Daylight error codes you get while playing, you will surely find a fix on our website. Leave a comment below if this guide was useful to you.