Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Destiny 2's CAT error no update available can only be addressed by updating the game.
- Below, we will show you how to fix this issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X | S, Steam, and Stadia.
- On Steam, you will also have to check the integrity of the game files.
Currently, a patch update for Destiny 2 has been released, which promises to address some of the impending issues that have been plaguing the game. When you first start the game, you will encounter the Destiny 2 error code CAT no update available.
To put it another way, the error code CAT can occur if you attempt to launch the game without first updating it to the most recent version. Even if the update is not a significant one and does not include any new features, without it, you won’t be able to play.
Follow along as we will show you how to fix this issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X | S, and Steam, right after we see what the cause behind it is.
What caused the CAT error no update?
You may believe that the update has introduced a new error and has caused the game to become unplayable. The Destiny 2 error code CAT will only appear in a very specific situation, such as when the game has been taken offline for maintenance and the servers have been restored.
When you attempt to launch the game after an update, you will almost certainly encounter the CAT error. In general, the issue is caused by a conflict between the client and server versions of the game.
The Steam Client will most likely start the update automatically or place it in a queue for you to download later.
If, on the other hand, you are unable to see the update on the Steam, it is most likely because you were using the client at the time the update was pushed out. You can try restarting the Steam client to see if that fixes the problem.
How can I fix Destiny 2’s CAT error no update?
1. On PS5
- Turn on your console and sign in to your PSN account in order to go to the Settings menu.
- Open the System section and navigate to the System Software option.
- Access System Software Update and Settings and turn on the Download Update Files Automatically. Finally, restart your console.
After you restart your console, the Destiny 2 update should start on its own. Wait for the process to finish then enjoy the game.
2. On PS4
- Turn on your console and press up on the d-pad in order to go to the Settings menu.
- Open the System section and choose Automatic Downloads in order to select the Application Update Files option.
3. On Xbox Series X | S
- Turn on your console, sign in to your account and go to the Settings panel.
- Select the System option in order to choose Updates.
- Next, select the Keep my console, games & apps up to date option.
4. On Steam
- Restart Steam in order to automatically update Destiny 2 under the Downloads tab.
- However, if the download doesn’t start, right-click on Destiny 2 and turn on the auto-update (Always keep this game up-to-date) option under the Updates menu.
- Right-click on Destiny 2 in your Library and choose Properties in order to check the file’s integrity.
- Now select the Local Files tab in order to choose the Verify integrity option.
5. On Stadia
Playing games on Stadia, Google’s cloud-based gaming platform, eliminates the need for a console or a computer, making it possible to enjoy popular titles such as Destiny 2 or cult favorites such as Dead by Daylight, signaling a significant shift in the gaming industry.
Using Stadia, you will no longer need to download a physical copy of the game you are currently playing, instead, you will be streaming the action live.
Stadia games are not powered by your personal hardware, rather, they are powered by Google’s data centers, which are capable of handling the bandwidth required by graphically demanding games at 4K resolution.
If you experience the CAT error on Stadia, you won’t be able to manually update the game but will have to wait until Google updates the games themselves. This could take a few hours up to a day.
We recommend that you check out the three best VPNs for Destiny 2 that will help you reduce lag and ping.
Alternatively, you can take a look at how to fix mouse stuttering in Destiny 2 in order to get back your right to a flawless gaming experience.
Leave us a comment in the section below and tell us what you think as well as whether you have more solutions in mind. Thanks for reading!