while the Windows 10 Creators Update brings a bevy of new features and improvements, not all users actually like them. As a matter of fact, many users don’t want to use Windows Defender’s Cloud Based Protection and also refuse to turn on Automatic Sample Submission. However, if you don’t enable these features, Windows Defender displays a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the Notifications tray.
Actually, many users have been confused by this weird yellow triangle and couldn’t find a proper explanation as to why it constantly appeared on the screen. Now that they know why the warning occurs, many want to simply disable Cloud Based Protection and Automatic Submission notifications. The problem is that turning off these warnings is a challenge in itself since there is no dedicated option for that.
We’ve scoured the almighty internet and found a few solutions to disable Windows Defender’s Cloud Based and Automatic Sample Submission notifications.
Turn off Cloud Based and Automatic Sample Submission
Solution 1 — Use Task Manager
- Open the Task Manager > go to the Start-up tab > locate these two features
- Disable them > restart your computer.
Solution 2 — Use the Group Policy Editor/ Registry Editor
- Go to Start > type group-policy > select Local Group Policy Editor
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus > MAPS
- Disable the following features:
- Join Microsoft MAPS
- Send file samples when further analysis is required
- Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\SenseSampleUploader.exe > disable Firewall profiles
- Restart your computer.
Windows 10 Home doesn’t doesn’t support the Group Policy Editor. If you’re running this OS, use the Registry Editor for this task.
- Launch Run > type regedit > hit Enter
- Go to the following path:
3. Under the Windows Defender key, create a new key > name it Spynet
4. In right-hand pane, create a new DWORD SubmitSamplesConsent > set its value to 2
5. Create a new DWORD SpynetReporting > set its value to 0
Solution 3 — Prevent Defender from loading health reports
- Go to Start > type “services” > launch Services
- Select the Settings option in the left-hand pane > locate these three services: Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Services Host, Diagnostic System Host
- Right-click each service > select Properties
- On each service, change Startup Type to disabled > click OK. If the services are currently running, click Stop to close the services and then disable them.
- Restart your computer.
We hope one of these three solutions help you get rid of Windows Defender’s yellow triangle warning along with the Cloud Based and Automatic Sample Submission notifications.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Users report that the Creators Update breaks Windows Defender
- Windows 10 Creators Update greatly boosts Windows Defender ATP’s performance