- Discord is a great online chatting tool primarily targeted at gamers.
- In fact, the software is so popular that many games have dedicated Discord integration within them.
- For more great guides on these types of apps, check out our dedicated VOIP hub.
- More so, you should also take a look at our dedicated Browsers page.
Discord is a popular VoIP service for gamers, but what makes Discord so special is the ability to work in any web browser.
Since Discord works in all browsers, we have to ask the question, what’s the best web browser for Discord? In today’s article, we’ll try to find that out.
What are the best browsers for Discord?
Opera GX brands itself as the world’s first web browser for gamers, and it is currently the only one of its kind too.
What makes it so gamer-oriented is the sleek designed powered by Razer Chroma, and the GX Control panel, where you gain access to a CPU, RAM, and bandwidth limiter so that the browser will never interfere with your gaming sessions.
Opera GX also has native Twitch integration, so you can watch your favorite streams faster and better.
As for the other tools, Opera GX has all the tools that regular Opera has as well, including an Ad and tracking blocker, as well as a VPN that doesn’t have a traffic quota of any kind.
Here are some of the perks of using Opera GX:
- Has a built-in VPN services
- Razer Chroma-powered graphics
- Features native Twitch integration
- CPU, RAM, and bandwidth limiters
- Comes with an ad and tracking blocker
Opera GXTalk to your party and guild members easily on Discord with the help of the world's best web browser made for gamers!
Microsoft Edge is also another solid browser for Discord, and with the recent redesign, it got even better.
Microsoft revamped Edge completely, and now it runs on Chromium engine. This means that Edge follows the same standards as Chrome, and it can also run Chrome extensions.
Out of all browsers on the list, Edge is the only one that currently supports 4K streaming on Netflix, so it’s perfect for your multimedia needs.
Regarding its features, here’s what Microsoft Edge has to offer to its users:
- Support for 4K streaming on Netflix
- Immersive reader feature that will get rid of all distractions on a web page
- Availability on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Support for various extensions
- Ability to change your workspace with vertical tab support
- Enhanced InPrivate browsing mode
Mozilla Firefox is another well-known browser, and it’s a perfect choice for web apps, such as Discord.
Firefox is an open-source browser, so you can rest assured that all your data is perfectly safe. To protect your privacy, Firefox offers enhanced Tracking protection that will block tracking cookies on websites.
Firefox also offers great performance, relatively low resource usage, and customizable user interface that you can rearrange any way you want.
Firefox offers great features, and here are a few most notable ones:
- Firefox Monitor feature that lets you know if your information is compromised in a data breach
- A customizable interface that lets you rearrange elements any way you want
- Support for various extensions
- Built-in password manager that will memorize all your passwords for you
- Sync support that lets you easily sync your history, bookmarks between multiple devices
There you go, these are the best browsers for Discord that you can use.
All of these browsers offer great features, but if we had to pick one, we would choose Opera because of its low hardware requirements.
What is your favorite browser? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Discord works in all desktop browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. If you want the best performance, you should use it in Opera.
To log in to Discord on your browser, you just need to visit the Discord website, click the login button, and enter your login credentials there. After doing that, just select the community that you want to join.
Discord app is safe to use, however, there are various online communities on Discord. Most communities are safe to join, and Discord admins are frequently removing problematic communities. If you want to liven up a chat, you could always opt for Discord chatbots as well.
Although it is popular in the gaming community, Discord isn’t limited only to gamers. If you are interested in the subject, check out this list of gamer-oriented VoIP clients.