Major Dishonored 2 patch is coming out this week to fix performance bugs
When Dishonored 2 came out, gamers had extremely high hopes for the game, given the huge applaud Dishonored’s first version received, and was anticipated to turn out into a huge success. But unfortunately, the game’s performance turned out to be an absolute mess and has been an overall disappointing experience for many fans.
Given the game’s poor performance even on high-end machines and the faulty AMD graphics cards, Bethesda decided to come forward and address those issues by releasing a patch that is expected to come out this week.
Here’s a detailed overview of all the incurring problems in the game:
- Constant crashes
- Lack of support for multiple GPUs
- Huge frames drop causing poor frame rate, especially on NVIDIA cards
- Low default mouse sensitivity
- Blurry game graphics
- “D3D11 CreateDeviceAndSwapChain FAILED” error
Check to ensure that your machine meets the game’s minimum requirements and that you are not running any other programs in the background,” Bethesda said. “If your PC meets the Recommended Specs we encourage you to play with High settings for a more consistent 60fps experience. Only PCs that far exceed those Recommended Specs should opt for Ultra settings.
- Avoid using Alt-Tab when playing. Relaunch the game if you see performance dropping after using Alt-Tab.
- Avoid having background applications running in addition to the game.
- If you have performance issues, try lowering the resolution.
- Use 1440p resolution only if you have a very high-end GPU ( GTX 1070/1080 or equivalent)
- Keep the V-Sync activated, especially if you have large framerate fluctuations.
- If you have framerate und er 30 fps, adjust the “Adaptive Resolution” between minimum (50 per cent) and default value (75 per cent).
- Use the “Auto” presets: this should adjust your visual settings without impacting your framerate.
- If you still have performance issues with “Auto” presets:
- Try deactivating the “TXAA Anti-Aliasing”
- Try lowering the texture details
Dishonored 2 was tested against the latest updates for Windows 7/8/10. Please check your system to ensure you have the latest Windows updates for your OS version.
Please visit our support page for more information on how to update Windows.
Dishonored 2 was tested against the latest update for DirectX – please check your system to ensure you have the latest version of Direct X. Please visit the following support page for the latest version of DirectX.
Update Your Graphics Card Drivers
To ensure you are getting the best performance out of your graphics card, you can download and install latest drivers (based on manufacturer) here:
Fans hoped Dishonored 2 would be a great game due to the popularity of the series’ first release that had set the bar unrealistically high for future editions.
The latest version, Dishonored 2, is fixated around two combatants and preserve the basic essence of its predecessor version in terms of gameplay, along with a few newly introduced features by Arkane Studios. All in all, the game would have definitely received a warm welcome from its fans if the performance issues were out of the picture.
Have you tried Dishonored 2 yet? Let us know how was your experience with the game in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- AMD updates its Crimson drivers for Dishonored 2
- Dishonored 2: Should you play as Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano?
- Dishonored 2 Linux support is only a pipe dream
Many users have reported Internet connection sharing error 1053 when trying to start the Internet Connection Sharing services (ICS). After our research regarding this error […]
According to some Reddit users, Windows 10 v1903 caused problems for .ogg extension files. In other words, they can’t play .ogg files on their computers […]
Many users complained on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 update often gets stuck. One user says that is getting the What Needs Your Attention message. […]