- The Disney Plus payment option was rejected for some users with Error Codes 4 and 9 and that means that they can't purchase the service.
- These issues are connected with an invalid transaction or a login problem.
- You can quickly resolve this unfortunate event by creating a different account.
- Using another credit or debit card can also be an excellent solution so make sure you try it.
Disney Plus acquired Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm; Fox and Star Wars are included too, all ready to be accessed in one place, so there truly is something for everybody.
In spite of that, many people are struggling with some issues, including Disney Plus not accepting the payment.
Error Code 4 is a transaction error. Moreover, Error Code 9 is also an issue of login or payment.
This article looks at the possible reasons why the Disney Plus payment method failed, and the corresponding solutions to fix the problem.
What can I do when Disney Plus is not charging me?
1. Create a different account
If the problems persist, then you might have issues related to your account, such as problems with your emails or the servers in your region.
If that’s the case, consider creating a new account. Access Disney+, create another account using a different email address while on a VPN, and try to pay.
2. Try a different credit or debit card
Before taking into consideration the below tips, you should better try using a different credit or debit card and see if the issue persists.
We know this isn’t a satisfying workaround, but it’s definitely getting you one step closer to a robust collection of movies, cartoons, and shows.
3. Quick troubleshooting steps
Here you can also find some quick troubleshooting steps you need to follow when Disney Plus is not accepting your payment details:
- Check that the credit card used for payment is valid for use in the country
- Verify that the expiration date on your card matches the one you are trying to submit. Also, make sure that the card isn’t expired
- An invalid ZIP or postal code could also be related to this issue. Verify that the billing ZIP or postal code for the payment card you are using is correct
- Check that the 3-digit security code on the back of your card (or 4-digit code if you have an American Express) matches the one you’re submitting
- Make sure you’ve filled all the required fields; these are the ones marked with an *
- If you signed up through Google Play or iTunes, note that you will be paying that third party and not Disney directly
This issue happens all too often so make sure you’ve got the correct payment means. If you can’t use your card online, check out the best virtual credit card software tools for your credit cards.
4. Log out and log back in
- While on desktop, from the Home page, click the Character icon in the top left corner.
- Click the cog icon.
- You’ll be next directed to the Settings page.
- Click the Log Out button.
- Log back in after a few minutes.
- Up next, try signing off then logging back in and try to provide your payment details.
- Select the login option you started subscribing with, then authenticate with the email address and password you provided during sign up.
- You may now enter your payment details once more.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and check if these steps cleared the error.
Sometimes, just a simple log out and log in back procedure can fix the problem as easily as it appeared so make sure you try that.
5. Try out a different payment method
Since you’re determined to enjoy those awesome shows and movies from Disney franchises, consider using a different payment method.
The solution below is our top recommendation this time. It all started with travelers tired of exchanging their money at an inflated rate, yet it became so much more than converting currency at the best rates.
The most significant benefits of using this service include sending and receiving currencies in mere seconds, as well as avoiding payment issues of any kind.
Moreover, opening an account is extremely intuitive. You may even use your iOS/Android phone to register and you’ll receive your physical card in just a few days.
Use Revolut as a payment method to easily take advantage of Disney’s Plus collection of movies!
Hopefully, our guide helped you if the Disney Plus update payment is not working. We’re constantly adding fresh guides for Disney Plus, so check back with us often.
If you stumble upon other problems with the app, check out our article on how to fix the most common Disney Plus errors.
If you happen to have other suggestions or advice, feel free to use our comments section bellow to communicate them.