- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC currently is one of the most used e-book reader software tools.
- Looking for a way to download the offline installer for PCs with no Internet connection?
- You’ll see below how to get the Acrobat Reader installer and save it to a transferable disc.
- Assuming that you're motivated, feel free to use our Tech Tutorials Hub for extra guidance.
Adobe Reader DC is one of the most popular e-book reader software tools out there, thanks to its tons of features and easy to use interface. It has millions of pleased users worldwide.
They praise it for reading PDFs without fuss, signing, and printing documents in no time, but what if they want to download Adobe Reader DC offline installer?
Quite recently, a lot of users have started to complain about the fact that they only get the web installer from the Adobe Acrobat Reader’s main download page.
This will start to download the core files only when they run the installer, making it impossible to be installed on computers that don’t have Internet access.
If you’re in a similar position and want a quick approach to solve this problem, downloading Adobe Reader DC offline installer should be your next move.
How to download Acrobat Reader DC offline installer?
1. Grab the installer file
- Start by getting the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installer file.
- In some rare cases, the Adobe Reader installation is interrupted by the firewall or antivirus program you are using. That’s why you may need to disable it, so search for Windows Security from the Start bar.
- Don’t hesitate to choose the top result next.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Then, click Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Finally, switch Real-time protection to Off.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DCEager to enjoy this amazing Adobe app? Download the Reader DC offline installer right away!
2. Save the installer file to an external transferable disc
- Plug one end of the external hard drive’s cable into your PC.
- Up next, attach the other end of the cable to the external hard drive.
- Format your hard drive if necessary. Do select exFAT as the file system when formatting the drive.
- Don’t hesitate to further use the installer file to install the application on other systems.
- Go to the folder where the Adobe Reader DC offline installer file and highlight it.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C to copy the file.
- Click This PC next.
- Double-click your external hard drive’s name.
- Click a blank space in the external hard drive’s window, then press Ctrl+V to paste in the file.
- Wait for your Adobe Acrobat Reader DC offline installer to finish copying onto the drive.
- Once this happens, you may safely remove your hard drive by using the Eject option.
Once the Adobe Reader DC offline installer is downloaded, feel free to use it anywhere you want, other standalone systems included.
If that’s your intention as well, then save the installer file to a portable hard drive, flash drive, or memory card.
Keep in mind that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is free exclusively for personal use. If you intend to distribute the app in volume for corporations, then a license from Adobe is required.
How was the procedure for you? Follow the steps above closely and let us know if you need any help in the comments.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in April 2020 and was revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.