- Google Maps is a free web app developed by Google that acts as a GPS and map system.
- The app is available for free, and there is even a mobile version of it for Android.
- For more great tutorials regarding this amazing tool, check out our dedicated Google Maps Hub.
- For more articles on how to download various items, check out our Download page.
Google Maps is an Android app you can view online Google maps with. However, there isn’t a standalone UWP Google Maps app for Windows. Nevertheless, Windows 10 users can download almost any Google Play app with Android emulators.
So, you can still download and utilize G Maps within Windows 10!
This is how you can download Google Maps in Windows 10
1. Download Google Maps within KoPlayer
KoPlayer is a decent Android emulator to download Google Maps with.
- Open the KoPlayer website in a browser.
- Then click the Download for PC button there to save the setup wizard for KoPlayer.
- Open KoPlayer’s setup wizard to install the emulator.
- KoPlayer’s homepage provides further installation guidelines.
- Open the KoPlayer emulator shown directly below.
- If you don’t have a Google account, you’ll need to set one up.
- Then log in to your Google account.
- Thereafter, click Google Play in KoPlayer.
- Type Google Maps in the search box at the top of Play.
- Click Maps – Navigate & Explore to open the page for Google Maps.
- Click the Install button to add Google Maps to the emulator.
- You can also download Google Maps Go, which is a Progressive Web App alternative.
- Enter Google Maps Go in Play’s search box to find and open the page for it.
- Then click Install on the Google Maps Go page.
- After installing Google Maps, click the Desktop button on the right side of KoPlayer to return to the home screen within the emulator.
- Click the Maps app to open it within KoPlayer as in the snapshot directly below.
2. Add Maps App Discovery to Windows 10
Maps App Discovery is a Windows 10 app that utilizes the Google Maps API. It is also based on the Google Material Design language. So, Maps App Discovery is the closest thing to a native Google Maps app for Windows.
3. What’s the Windows alternative?
The alternative to Google Maps is Windows Maps. That’s Microsoft’s alternative to Google Maps which has its own UWP app. Windows Maps has lots of features that are comparable to G Maps, such as its Streetside and 3D Cities views.
Click the Get button on the Windows Maps app page to download it.
So, that’s how you can download and utilize Google Maps within Windows 10. KoPlayer is just one of the emulators you can utilize Google Maps with. Our Android emulator guide provides further details for Windows 10’s best emulators.
Frequently Asked Questions
The simplest way to download a Google Maps map on Windows 10 is to use an Android Emulator, and use the same steps you would on your mobile.
Yes, a mobile app for Google Maps has been available for quite some time now, and it comes pre-installed on all Android devices.
Yes, the Google Maps mobile app is available for free without any restrictions. Check out this article to fix frequent Google Maps issues.