Install Windows 10 KB4051033 to fix app launch issues and print bugs
Microsoft rolled out a new Windows 10 version 1607 update, addressing a series of issues affecting the OS. Windows 10 KB4051033 brings a long list of fixes to the table making the Anniversary Update more stable and reliable.
The update fixes the issue where some Epson SIDM and TM (POS) printers failed to print on x86 and x64-based systems. This problem affects KB4048953.
Another example is the issue where a service fails to start when two or more services are using the same built-in account. When this issue occurs, the following error messages appear on the screen “The service did not start due to a logon failure“, or, “A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.”
Additionally, KB4051033 also fixes the issue where screen tearing and scrambled content appear when a computer is connected to three or more USB 3.0 display devices.
For more information about the full changelog, you can check out Microsoft’s Support page.
Download KB4051033 now
Unfortunately, this update also brings two issues of its own:
- Internet Explorer 11 users who use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) may not be able to scroll through a drop-down menu using the scroll bar.
The good news is that the scroll wheel on a mouse still works as expected and the issue only applies to document mode 11. Loading the page with document mode 10 may temporarily solve this issue. Here’s how to do that:
- Select F12.
- Select the Emulation tab.
- In the Document mode drop-down menu, select 10. Reload the page in the new document mode.
- The error “CDPUserSvc_XXXX has stopped working” may appear. Additionally, Event ID 1000 is logged in the Application event log noting that svchost.exe_CDPUserSvc_XXXX has stopped working and the faulting module name is “cdp.dll”.
Microsoft is working on a permanent fix for both issues.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Update process (wuauserv) causes high CPU usage [FIX]
- Error 0x800F0923 blocks Windows 10 updates [FIX]
Microsoft released a new Windows 10 cumulative update: KB4487181. The big M added three bug fixes aimed at solving frequent issues reported by Insiders. Notably, […]
Cyber criminals are using a new form of ransomware for targeting large businesses and getting money from them. Since August, the Ryuk group ended up […]
Since it was created by Apple, iTunes has changed the way users can organize and play music and videos. iTunes has allowed millions of users […]