If you’ve been trying to install the latest Windows 10 updates, or upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update, but you couldn’t complete the update process due to error 0x800F0923, this post may help you.
Error 0x800F0923 is one of the most frequent Windows 10 update errors. It occurs when either a driver or app isn’t compatible with the updates that users are trying to install. Oftentimes, the culprits are the graphics driver, an outdated hardware driver or an old program or security software.
How to fix error 0x800F0923
1. Use Microsoft’s update troubleshooter
You can download the Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft’s website. Run the tool, and after the troubleshooting finishes, try running Windows Update again and install any available updates.
2. Update your drivers
- Go to Start type Device Manager > select the first result
- Expand the categories to find the name of your device > right-click it > select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category > right click your graphics card > select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
Be aware that permanent damage can be caused to your PC by installing the wrong driver version. Thus, we recommend you to download this driver updater tool (100% safe and tested by us) to do it automatically.
Disclaimer: some features of this tool are not free.
3. Check your computer’s compatibility
If error 0x800F0923 is preventing you from upgrading your computer to Windows 10 Creators Update, make sure that your device is compatible with this OS version.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Check the Windows 10 Creators Update system requirements
- Go to your computer manufacturer’s website and check the list of devices supporting the Creators Update:
Also, make sure that you antivirus supports the latest Windows 10 version.
4. Temporarily disable your security software
Disable your antivirus while you install the latest updates on your computer, and then turn it back on. Many users have reported that this action allowed them to update their devices.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: