You may not know, but Windows 10 comes with .NET 4.5 framework available , but most of apps require .NET 3.5 framework to run, so today we’re going to show you how to download .NET framework for Windows 10.
You probably have some applications on your PC that require older version of .NET framework, and here’s how can you enable it on Windows 10.
Solution 1 – Enable Windows .NET 3.5 from Control Panel
- Press Windows Key + R to start the Run window and type appwiz.cpl, then press Enter.
- When Programs and Features window opens, you need to press Turn Windows features on or off, and search for .NET
- Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) on the list.
- If .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) is available, enable it and click OK.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation, and if the installation requires restart your computer.
Additional way to install .NET 3.5 Framework is to install an app that requires .NET 3.5 Framework. If the app doesn’t detect .NET 3.5 Framework enabled, it will ask you to download the Framework.
In addition, you can download .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10 directly from Microsoft’s website, from this link.
Solution 2 – Install .NET 3.5 Framework offline using Command Prompt
- Press Windows key + R to open Run window.
- Type cmd and press Enter.
- Command Prompt window will open.
- Type Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess. Remember to change F: to match your installation media for Windows 10. In most cases this is your DVD or USB drive used to install Windows 10, so make sure that your Windows 10 DVD or USB is connected to your PC.
Solution 3 – Install .NET 3.5 Framework using the Windows installation media
If using Command Prompt seems too complicated for you, there’s no need to worry, there’s a simpler solution more suitable for new users.
All you need to do is to download this tool, connect your Windows 10 DVD or USB drive to your computer and follow the instructions. This files does the same thing as the previous solution, but if previous solution seems to complicated for you, feel free to try this one.
Installing .NET 3.5 framework on Windows 10 isn’t that hard, and we hope that these steps were helpful to you.