Microsoft fans get ready because this tech giant is rolling out their next big update today on the 12th of November. Windows 10 version 1909 won’t be a massive overhaul of the OS. Rather, the Windows 10 November 2019 Update focuses on crushing bugs and bringing fixes to the infamous Windows 10 May 2019 update.
Those of you that survived the May 2019 update can rest easy as this cumulative update will function more like a normal Windows 10 patch. On top of this, Microsoft is using similar technology to what the company normally uses when rolling out monthly service updates.
There is less time and risk compared to the previous process of updating, and (in case you’re already using Windows 10) finding it is as easy as waiting for your PC to notify you of your monthly update.
That being said, there are a few key-points that you should keep in mind prior to installing the latest Windows 10 OS version.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Windows 10 v1909 system requirements
- Processor 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC).
- RAM 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit .
- Hard drive space Existing installations: 16GB for 32-bit or 20GB for 64-bit.
- Clean install or new PC: 32GB or larger.
- Graphics DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Display resolution 800×600.
- Networking Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter.
Make sure your system meets these mimimum requirements. Otherwise, you may encounter serious bugs.
How to download Windows 10 v1909
In order to download this new OS version, you need to go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.
Alternatively, you can go to Microsoft’s official website and hit the “Download Tool Now” button.
Keep in mind that Microsoft will roll out the new OS version gradually. This means that Windows 10 v1909 won’t be available to all users at the same time.
If you can’t wait until Microsoft pushes out the update to all users, you can download the installation media from Windows Insider website after joining the Windows Insider program.
Once you’ve joined the Windows Insider Program:
- Open the Start menu and click on the cog icon to load up Settings
- Click on ‘Update & Security’
- At the bottom of the window that opens you should see either ‘Windows Insider Program’
- Click ‘Get Started’
- You will receive a warning message notifying you that you’re installing an early version of Windows 10.
What you need to know about this feature update
Make sure your drivers are compatible with the new Operating System requirements. Intel, Nvidia, and AMD have all released new versions of their graphic processors to support the new Windows 10 update.
Here’s how to get the latest driver updates for Windows 10 v1909:
How to fix Windows 10 November 2019 Update issues
Don’t expect this update to be a smooth one. As you already know, Windows 10 updates causes issues and technical glitches for about 50% of users. Make sure to bookmark this page to get access to the troubleshooting guides below just in case you’re experiencing any update issues:
- Windows 10 updates pending install? Fix them now [QUICK GUIDE]
- Windows 10 updates won’t install [6 easy steps to fix the issue]
- 5 solutions to fix Windows 10 not starting after update
Comment down below and let us know what you think of Windows 10 1909 . Microsoft recommends its users to report issues on its feedback Feedback Hub and other platforms.