- Dragon Age: Inquisition is a fantasy RPG developed by Electronic Arts.
- The game features fantastic 3D graphics and an amazing story set in the Dragon Age universe.
- For more guides on this amazing game, check out our dedicated Dragon Age: Inquisition hub.
- Dedicated gamers should take a look at our Gaming page as well.
Dragon Age Inquisition is a highly-rated RPG for Windows. That game is not immune from software hiccups, however, as it also crashes for some players when launched.
Numerous players have posted on EA’s forum about how DA Inquisition crashes when they start the game. This is how you can fix Dragon Age crashing on launch.
Dragon Age Inquisition crash on startup – 6 Steps to fix
1. Turn off your third-party antivirus utility
One of the most widely confirmed fixes for Dragon Age crashing when launched is to disable third-party antivirus software.
Numerous DA Inquisition players have said that disabling AVAST and AVG antivirus utilities (or adding the game to their exceptions lists) resolved the issue for them.
You can turn off third-party antivirus software by right-clicking their system tray icons to select a disable shield setting of some kind. Select to disable the antivirus utility until restart, and then try launching Dragon Age again.
2. Clean boot Windows
- Other third-party software, such as Razer Cortex and TeamViewer, are also confirmed to conflict with Dragon Age.
- To ensure there aren’t any conflicting programs, press the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Then input msconfig in the Open text box, and click the OK option.
- Click the Selective startup radio button on the General tab if it’s not selected.
- Deselect the Load startup items check box.
- Select the Load system services and Use original boot configuration options if they’re not selected.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box shown in the shot directly below.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Press the Apply button.
- Click OK to exit the MSConfig window.
- Press the Restart button on the dialog box that opens.
3. Turn off Origin’s in-game menus
Players who got Dragon Age from Origin might to disable the game client’s in-game menus to fix DA Inquisition.
- Open Origin’s window, and log in if you need to.
- Click the Origin menu to select Application Settings.
- Select the Origin In-Game tab.
- Then toggle the Enable Origin In-Game option off if required.
4. Uninstall the 3D Vision driver
Some users have reputedly fixed Dragon Age crashing by uninstalling the NVIDIA 3D Vision driver.
- Open the Run accessory’s window.
- Type appwiz.cpl in Run and click OK to open Windows’ uninstaller applet.
- Then select NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver on the software list.
- Click Uninstall and Yes to remove 3D Vision.
- Restart your desktop or laptop after uninstalling NVIDIA 3D Vision.
5. Update Graphics Card Driver
Try checking if your graphics card driver needs updating with Driver Booster 7.
- Open Driver Booster 7’s homepage, and click the Free Download button.
- Then install Driver Booster 7 with the downloaded setup wizard.
- DB 7 will start scanning when you launch the software.
- Select the Display adapters check box if the scan’s device list includes one.
- Then click the Update Now button. Alternatively, you can click Update on the right of the Display adapters driver.
6. Select Origin’s Repair option
Origin also includes a Repair option that can fix games not starting. Right-click Dragon Age in Origin’s My Game Library to select the Repair option for it. Our video below shows you how to select that option.
Those are some of the confirmed resolutions that players have fixed Dragon Age startup crashing with. In addition, reinstalling Dragon Age might also be worth a shot if the above resolutions aren’t enough.
FAQ: Learn more about Dragon Age: Inquisition
- What is Dragon Age: Inquisition?
Dragon Age: Inquisition is a fantasy role-playing game where you create and customize a character just the way you want it, as well as fight monsters and win epic loot.
- How many hours is in Dragon Age: Inquisition?
If you allocate the time to finish both main and side-quests, you would need around 200 hours to complete the game.
- Is Dragon Age Inquisition worth buying?
While the combat isn’t all the exciting and the story isn’t all that original, the low price that it has reached on some websites make it worth it.