Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- A Durable Power of Attorney gives you more financial power by allowing you to assign a person you trust to handle your affairs in case anything happens to you.
- Durable Power of Attorney Software helps you avoid most of the costs associated with hiring a lawyer for the same work.
A Durable Power of Attorney software is an essential consideration for many individuals. One benefit of using such software is the ability to forgo some of the hefty attorney fees involved in conventionally creating such documents.
There has been an increase in software services to help you write these documents. However, not all of these services are reliable.
This article will go through some of the best Durable Power of Attorney Software available online and explore some of their key features.
What is Durable Power of Attorney software?
Durable Power of attorney software is designed to generate Power of Attorney documents. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- Definition – The Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows you to assign someone else the power to act on your behalf in different matters due to temporary or permanent incapacitation. In the case of a Durable Power of Attorney, it is also called the Enduring Power of Attorney.
- Included parties – The person assigning the Power of Attorney is called the Principle, while the person(s) being given these responsibilities is called the Agent or Attorney-in-Fact. A power of attorney allows the Attorney-in-Fact to perform legal business and financial affairs on behalf of the Principle.
Download power of attorney for specific states:
What is the best durable power of attorney software to use?
Quicken WillMaker by Nolo – The most secure
Quicken WillMaker by Nolo is an incredible software that will help you create various legal documents, such as comprehensive wills, letters to survivors, and Durable Power of Attorney.
Considering the legal repercussions associated with a DPOA, you must work with reliable software for all your legal needs.
Quicken WillMaker seems like a great idea because it has all the features that make it an ideal tool for your peace of mind.
Some of the key features associated with Quicken WillMaker include:
- Customized documents so you can fill out your durable Power of Attorney forms according to your specific needs.
- A secure data vault that allows you to store and organize your legal documents. You can also change your papers depending on your current living conditions.
- An easy-to-use interview format with straightforward questions allows you to fill out your document accurately and at your own pace.
- A legal manual that you’ll find helpful in answering questions. This is especially important if you find any questions confusing.
- A team of lawyer editors will guide you through creating our durable power of attorney document by your state laws.
Nolo comes with two plans that support the durable Power of Attorney documents. These are the Plus and All-access plans.
Quicken WillMaker by NoloCustomized documents, secure data vault, and other great features you can use with this trustworthy app.
LawDepot – Easy to use
This software deals with legal documents such as Wills, Estate, and Power of Attorney.
If you are looking for Durable Power of Attorney software but don’t want to spend too much money, the LawDepot is the correct answer because it is free.
The templates provided are built by professionals and have been made easy to use through three simple steps.
- Step 1 involves answering a few questions once you’ve picked the document.
- Step 2 involves customizing by adding or removing content based on your specific needs.
- The third step is the final process of saving, printing, or downloading the document.
One of the critical features of the LawDepot software is that your DPOA is ready in less than 10 minutes.
LawDepotEasy-to-use software with professional templates that can help you when it comes to legal documents.
Rocket Lawyer – Great for less experienced users
The Rocket Lawyer legal software is designed to help you get your legal documents hassle-free.
Their durable Power of Attorney document is designed with specific language to guarantee you the cover you are looking for at all times.
This process is simple and covers all 50 states. You can also customize the document to fit your specific scenario.
One key feature that makes Rocket Lawyers an attractive option is that it is free. The free financial power of attorney form is more convenient than conventional means.
Rocket LawyerLegal software that is specially created to help you with your legal documents without effort.
LegalZoom – The most affordable
LegalZoom is another excellent choice for Durable Power of Attorney software.
It promises fast, easy, and convenient services to help you get your documents in the shortest time possible. Their documents are usually ready in less than 24 hours.
The durable Power of Attorney provided is state-specific and will help you make the best decision when planning your affairs.
With close to a million POAs signed and delivered, this software has a fair share of great features.
Some of them include the following:
- An independent network of attorneys to help you through making fool-proof documents.
- Recognized coverage in all 50 states.
- Flat rate fees, so you don’t have to haggle over hourly prices with anyone.
Speaking of fees, LegalZoom offers three pricing options depending on what you are looking for.
There is a primary POA that you can do by yourself, a Comprehensive Power of Attorney with access to attorneys for two weeks, and an Estate Plan Bundle with up to a year of legal assistance available.
Gentreo – Created by experienced attorneys
Gentreo is another excellent option for Durable Power of Attorney software.
It enables you to decide who will take care of your financial decisions when you can’t due to any number of reasons.
Some of the key features to expect when working with Gentreo include the following:
- A digital vault where you can store your durable financial power of attorney forms. From here, you can share and change the contents of your documents when you need to.
- A coach will give you live phone or online advice regarding making your Durable Power of attorney.
- An up-to-date service that allows you to change the contents of your document by any changing laws.
The software offers different pricing packages depending on the services you need.
Total Legal – Minimalistic and easy to use
The Total Legal Durable Power of Attorney software will help you make your legal documents in three easy steps.
The software has an interactive interface that allows you to provide information through an online interview.
Afterward, you will either receive the durable financial power of attorney via mail or print it before signing it, depending on the laws in your state.
There’s also a help center with answers to questions about the Power of Attorney and other legal documents.
FreeWill – Professional and free
FreeWill software provides individuals with varying services meant to safeguard their financial power.
One of the services you will enjoy includes creating a Durable Power of Attorney software form thanks to their easy process.
Fill out a form in less than 20 minutes, and print it out for formal signing and notarization.
Some of the key features you can expect with this DPOA software include the following:
- Free service. FreeWill does not charge for their legal documents allowing you to create any document for free.
- An online support option through their help center will answer any of your questions.
- The document you make covers all 50 states.
Have you used any of this software before? If you need similar tools, we recommend checking our article on living trust software.
We would love to know what your experience was or what you would recommend. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.