- Millions of enterprise users rely on Microsoft on a daily basis for collaborating and boosting their businesses
- The platform offers plenty of features such as audio and video meetings, file sharing, full Office 365 integration, and more
- Sometimes, signing in to MS Teams may turn into a nightmare due to various error codes. In this guide, we'll focus on error code 4c7 and how you can get rid of it
- If you want to learn more about Microsoft Teams, feel free to check out our collection of guides
If you’re seeing the error code 4c7 inside Microsoft Teams, you are not the only one experiencing this issue.
A wide range of users with different setups has complained about seeing this error.
The problem is caused by users trying to sign in to Microsoft Teams from a corporate network were Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) is running.
This will not allow you to log in, and will also display the error message Modern authentication failed here, but you’ll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7.
This setting is not enabled by default for deploying ADFS on the Intranet, so it needs to be activated manually.
Read on to find out exactly what to do to activate it.
How to solve Microsoft Teams error 4c7
Enable Forms Authentication
To solve this issue once and for all, you will need to enable Forms Authentication by using the ADFS Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
You can find this snap-in on the computer where the local Active Directory is located.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the ADFS Microsoft Management Console.
- Click the Authentication Policies option found inside the panel to the left of your screen.
- Under the Actions section-> select Edit Global Primary Authentication from the right-side menu.
- Click on the Intranet tab -> choose Forms Authentication.
- Select Ok to apply the settings.
In this quick fix article, we explored the best way to deal with the Modern authentication failed here, but you’ll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error message inside Microsoft Teams.
We hope that this guide managed to solve your problem and that now you can log into your Microsoft Teams account without any issues.
Please feel free to let us know if you found this guide helpful. You can do so by leaving a comment in the section found below this article.
FAQ: Learn more about Microsoft Teams
- How do I sign in to Microsoft Teams?
To sign in to Microsoft Teams, use your Office 365 username and password. Simply launch Microsoft Teams on desktop and enter your credentials.
- How do I access Microsoft Teams online?
To log in to the web version of Microsoft Teams, head over to https://teams.microsoft.com and use your Office 365 username and password to sign in.
- Does Microsoft Teams support multiple account login?
Microsoft Teams users cannot login on multiple accounts. To use a different account, must first sign out of the current account and then sign in using the username and password of the other account.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since updated for freshness and accuracy.