- The error code 6-0x00001000 in Rainbow Six Siege occurs when the matchmaking feature for multiplayer games has lost connection.
- Ensuring a strong and stable internet connection can fix this error and avoid further connection issues in Rainbow Six Siege.
- If there is maintenance being undergone on the servers, then users will not be able to connect.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is a tactical player-verses-player shooter game. However, users have reported receiving error code 6-0x00001000 when trying to use the multiplayer matchmaking service in Rainbow Six Siege.
Rainbow Six Siege is available on PlayStation, PC, and Xbox consoles. The game follows an attack and defense model which allows users to team up with friends to battle against other players.
If you’re receiving the error code 6-0x00001000, follow the solutions below to quickly solve this issue.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
What is error 6-0x00001000?
Users report encountering error code 6-0x00001000 when using the matchmaking feature for multiplayer games. The error means that the matchmaking service has timed out due to poor connection.
A weak or unstable internet connection is the number one cause of this issue. Another common cause for errors in Rainbow Six Siege is that your game is out of date and needs to be updated. The server may also be undergoing maintenance at the time.
To improve your gaming experience, we recommend using a trustworthy VPN provider. ExpressVPN can help you solve packet loss by reducing ping, resolving ISP throttling, and lowering latency.
Furthermore, it has a great split tunneling feature that lets you to which applications and devices you would rather route your connection over the VPN server and which ones you don’t prefer.
Get the most out of gaming activity with ExpressVPN’s reliable features.
How do I fix error 6-0x00001000 on Rainbow Six Siege?
1. Check the network connection
This may seem like a simple solution, but if your internet connection is weak or limited, then that is most likely why you’re receiving error code 6-0x00001000 in Rainbow Six Siege. Check how your internet performs on another device to see if it’s unstable.
Users can also power cycle their router by turning off the router and removing all cables. After holding the power button for about 10 seconds, users should wait around five minutes then hook everything back and power on the router.
2. Check server status
- Open a browser and go to the Ubisoft official website and search for Rainbow Six Siege in the menu bar.
- Under Services, select Server Status.
- Check if the servers are operational for your device.
If the servers are down for maintenance or issues, then the status will be indicated on the server status page for Rainbow Six Siege. If everything is operational then move on to the next solution to solve error code 6-0x00001000.
3. Clear DNS cache
- Click on Start and search Command Prompt then hit Enter.
- Enter the following commands into Command Prompt, pressing Enter after each entry, then exit:
Clearing the DNS cache will remove any corruption that might be causing issues in Rainbow Six Siege. Doing this will not impact the performance of the game.
4. Adjust DNS settings
- Click on Start and search for Control Panel then hit Enter.
- Select Network and Internet then click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Under View your active networks, click on the network you are currently connected to.
- Click on Properties.
- Locate Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double-click on it.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter 126.96.36.199 next to Preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 beside Alternate DNS server.
- Press OK.
Domain Name Systems (DNS) is basically what allows websites and programs to reach your computer via the internet. If the DNS is unstable or not working, then Rainbox Six Siege serves will not be available and thus lead to the error code.
5. Update network drivers
- Click on Start and search Control Panel then hit Enter.
- Select Hardware and Sound, then click on Device Manager.
- Open the dropdown menu next to Network adapters.
- Locate your Wi-Fi driver and right-click on it and select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers in the pop-up.
If your Wi-Fi drivers haven’t been updated in a while, then there is a chance that it is causing problems in Rainbow Six Siege. Check to see if the error code disappears after updating your internet driver.
If you want a quicker solution, then maybe you should try an automated method. DriverFix is a specialized software that helps you scan for outdated drivers and then automatically update them with the latest version from its database.
Straightforward program to keep all your device drivers up to date at all times.
What are the most common Rainbow Six errors?
Some of the most common Rainbow Six errors occur due to poor connection to the servers. This can happen if there is a weak network connection or if servers are down. If you’re experiencing connection errors in Rainbow Six Siege, we have a guide for that.
If you are having a specific problem such as Rainbow Six Siege error code 10-0x000001f4, we also offer solutions for that.
We hope one of the above solutions fixed error code 6-0x00001000 in Rainbow Six Siege. Let us know in the comments below which step worked for you or if you have a suggestion for another solution.