- If when you attempt to install Microsoft Office it gives you an error code 30068-39, you are not alone.
- In order to solve any errors that are not allowing Office to work properly, you may have to uninstall it.
- Bookmark our helpful guides for Windows Installation Errors Hub and specific error codes for Windows Installer.
- Check out our dedicated Microsoft Office page to learn more.
However, there are cases when the error appears because of issues with the installation. There are several ways in how the error codes can appear 30068-29 (2), 30068-4 (3), 30068-4 (1715), 30068-39 (3), and so on.
We compiled a list with the most common solutions, please try them in the given order. Hopefully, they will fix the error installation.
How can I fix the error code 30068-39 on Microsoft Office install?
1. Check if the Click-to-Run service is disabled
- Press the Start key + R. This will open Run
- Type services.msc
- Click Ok
- Scroll down and select Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service
- If the Status is Disabled, right-click and select Properties
- On the General tab select Manual or Automatic
- Click Apply – OK
- Install Office once again.
- If the Status does not say Disabled, follow the steps presented at reinstalling Office
2. Restart your computer and reinstall Office
- To restart your computer go to Start Menu.
- Click Start on the lower-left corner .
- Click Power option then select Restart.
- After your computer restarts, you can reinstall Office.
- Go to www.office.com and select Sign in.
- Sign in using your username and password.
- Select Install Office.
- Depending on your browser, select Run in Edge or Internet Explorer or Save File in Firefox.
- On the next question click Yes.
- The installation will be finished when you’ll get the message: You’re all set! Office is installed now!
3. Uninstall and reinstall Office
- Download and reinstall the Office Uninstall Support Tool.
- For Edge or Chrome: right-click on the SetupProd_OffScrub.exe from the lower-left corner. Then click Open.
- For Internet Explorer: at the bottom of the browser window, select Run to launch SetupProd_OffScrub.exe.
- For Firefox: In the pop-up window select Save file then select the download arrow to run SetupProd_OffScrub.exe.
- Select the Office version you want to uninstall.
- Click Next.
- When prompted restart your computer.
- To reinstall Office, please follow the steps presented in the section above.
This should be it. Please let us know in a comment which of these solutions helped you fix your problem. If you have other recommendations, please share them with us.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.