Eve Online is a sweet spot for all sci-fi multiplayer online role-playing fans. The game established itself as the leader of the genre and received critical recognition for it. Moreover, with the frequent patches, the game gets even better.
The latest patch brings out mild changes to the overall experience but also addresses balancing and bugs. Besides that, the game receives a few cosmetic improvements with the new sound theme. For that reason, we prepared a summary of main changes and fixes so you’ll know what to expect.
EVE Online Patch 119.3 changes summary
With this patch, players are able to use the ability to repair items in Upwell structures just like they usually did in services around the cluster. With this change, you’ll be able to repair drones, modules, and ships for free in Citadels, future Upwell Structures, and Engineering Complexes.
Improved scanning system
There are a lot of structural changes to the capsuleer’s scanning system. Compared to the previous version, players will enjoy the better visibility with a better-optimized color scheme. Additionally, the user interface is vastly improved for more easily deploying, managing and moving probes.
Rorqual and Mining improvements
Rorquals and Mining drones received balance changes. The mining tweaks reduced cycle times and yields for excavator mining drones. Tech two mining drones now gather greater benefits from Mining Drone Specialization Skills. Moreover, you can configure hotkeys to launch and control drones. Changes are also affecting PANIC defensive module which now requires active target lock on an ice deposit or asteroid before it can be activated.
These are the notable balance changes in the new patch.
- Fighters – Increased signature radius. Wyvern and Hell class supercarriers increased hangar bay size.
- Heavy Interdictor – Propulsion scrambling effect from Focused Warp Disruption script to Focused Warp Scrambling script. You can now select one of the 3 Warp Disruption Field generators with different traits.
- Mobile Warp Disruptor – Mobile Warp Disruptors now generate killmails when destroyed and will self-destruct if unattended for longer periods of time. Additionally, shield regeneration and hitpoints have been rebalanced, too.
- Bust Projector – Increased duration of their effects.
Fighter UX improvements
Fighter UX is also largely improved and optimized. These improvements include:
- Keyboard shortcuts for advanced fighter actions.
- Improved info details and tooltips.
- Support for estimated fighter damage per second.
- Fewer Busy Squadron messages.
A lot of interesting redesigns are also included in the patch. Besides some secondary aesthetic changes, there is some major remodeling of the Chimera and ORE Vessels. The Chimera received a new beautiful hull model with a smoother and more detailed look. Its model now features same textures technology as citadels. When it comes to ORE Vessels, they received a texture update with additional details and better paint layer spread.
Besides these notable changes, this patch brings match more. The players will be especially happy with the change to cargo holds. Namely, the cargo holds of ships maintenance arrays and bays are expanded so you can now store boosters, liquid ozone, and strontium in addition to charges.
You can find the detailed patch notes with complete changes here. All of these are quite an improvement for the already great game. It seems that the developers are doing a great job. You can expect this patch on 14th of March.
What are your thoughts on changes? Does it meet your expectations? Tell us in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- P.A.M.E.L.A. issues roundup: Game crashes, lags and more
- FIX: The Hunter: Call Of The Wild won’t start on PC
- FIX: Ghost Recon Wildlands lags, stutters, disconnects
- Round-up: No Man’s Sky The Path Finder Update reported bugs