Roblox is an ultimate virtual universe that lets you play, create and be anything one can imagine in the virtual world. However, some users have reported that their Roblox client can’t connect to the Roblox game server and results in Could not join due to join script failure as the game failed to fetch join script.
One of the affected users shared the problem on the official support forum.
When trying to connect to a game in Roblox, I always get that I cannot connect to their server – ID 17. Does anyone know why? Roblox emailed that I have to allow them in but how do I do that?
Fix the problem by following the steps below.
Why is Roblox game server not loading?
1. Check your Firewall
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Go to Windows Security Tab.
- Under “Protection areas” click on “Firewall and Network Protection“.
- In the new window, click on your currently active network (Private, Domain or Public Network).
- Now turn off the Windows Defender Firewall using the toggle switch. Click Yes, when prompted by the UAC.
- Also, check if your Antivirus program has its own Firewall running. If running, turn it off as well.
- Now try to play the game and check if the error is resolved. Make sure you enable the Firewall once after you are successfully connected to the game servers.
2. Logout and Reboot
- If the error appears frequently then you can try to log out of your Roblox account and then login again.
- Users have reported that a simple restart after log out has helped them resolve the issue. So, log out, reboot the system and then login again.
- You may also want to consider the possibility of being banned by the developers. Although, unlikely situation, the developers may ban some users if they violate any community rules.
- Check if the server you are trying to join has VIP access. If your friend has VIP access and playing using that server, then you won’t be able to join them unless you have the VIP access as well.
3. Contact the Developer
- The Could not join due to join script failure error occurs if the game has reached a bug point. In this case, the users cannot do anything because the issue is at the developer’s end.
- When in the game, press F9 to open the Developer Console. Press PrtSc key on your keyboard and save the screenshot in the paint app.
- Now send the screenshot to the Roblox developers explaining the issue.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Roblox won’t let you move? Here’s what to do
- Top 5 VPN for Roblox to bypass the restrictions in your country
- How to reduce Firefox flash game lag