How to fix corrupted music files on Windows 10, 7 computers
A music file might be corrupted if it doesn’t play in a media player. Before you jump to hasty conclusions, try playing the audio file in more than one media player. However, you’ll probably need to repair the music file if it doesn’t playback in VLC or any other media player. This is how you can fix corrupted music files that don’t playback.
What to do if your music files got corrupted
- Repair Corrupted MP3 Files Online
- Check Out the MP3 Repair Tool
- Repair Music Files With All Media Fixer
- Fix Music Files With VLC
1. Repair Corrupted MP3 Files Online
MP3 is one of the biggest file formats for music. If you need to repair an MP3, the MP3Repair.net site might be worth noting. That site includes an online utility for repairing and editing MP3s. This is how you can repair MP3 music at MP3Repair.net.
- First, click here to open MP3Repair.net in your browser.
- Click the Choose here an MP3 file box on the site.
Select an MP3 and click the Open button.
- Then press the Upload MP3 button.
- Select the Repair audio length (playtime) option.
- Click the Repair/Edit your MP3 file now button.
- Thereafter, the site somewhat confusingly switches to German. You can click the orange Deine neue MP3-Datei herunterladen (your new MP3 file) button to download the file.
— RELATED: Download Plexamp music player for Windows 10
2. Check Out the MP3 Repair Tool
Alternatively, you can repair corrupted MP3s with the freeware MP3 Repair Tool. That is a utility which fixes audio files by removing frames. You can repair MP3s with MP3 Repair Tool as follows.
- Click Download on this webpage to save the MP3 Repair Tool ZIP.
- Then decompress the ZIP by selecting mp3rt.zip in File Explorer and pressing the Extract all button. Click Browse to select a folder to extract to, and press the Extract button.
- Then open the software’s window from the extracted folder.
- Select the folder path that includes the MP3 from the drop-down menu and then the MP3 to repair.
- Click the Remove check box, and enter 1 as the number of frames to process.
- Press the Repair button.
3. Repair Music Files With All Media Fixer
If you need to repair music files that aren’t MP3s, check out the All Media Fixer software. That software fixes a wider variety of audio file formats, such as WMW, WMA, WAV, AVI and MP3. All Media Fixer is not exactly freeware, but you can still utilize an unregistered version by clicking Download on this webpage. When you have All Media Fixer up and running, press the Add media file button to select music and click Start check and fix.
4. Fix Music Files With VLC
This tip is more specifically for fixing corrupted WAV files. VLC is a media player, but you can still repair WAV audio files with its Convert tool. This is how you can fix broken WAV music with the VLC media player.
- First, click Download VLC on this page. Open VLC’s setup wizard to add the software to Windows.
- Right-click the WAV file you need to fix, and select to open it with VLC media player.
- Click Media and select Convert / Save to open an Open Media window.
- Press the Add button to select the WAV music file to repair.
- Click the Convert / Save button on the Open Media window.
- Press the Browse button to choose a folder to save the repaired audio file in. Remember to add a new file title for the music to the end of the chosen folder path.
- Click the Profile drop-down menu to select Audio – CD.
- Press the Start button.
- Thereafter, try playing the WAV audio file saved in the destination folder you selected for it.
Do you Really Need to Fix Corrupted Music Files?
Remember that you can get loads of music from MP3 websites these days. If your corrupted audio file played music by a famous singer or composer, there’s a good chance you can probably download the same music from an MP3 website. Check out the MP3Juices and Emp3z websites to see if they include the same music as your corrupted file.
Alternatively, you might find a video on YouTube (or Vimeo) that plays the very same music as your corrupted file did. YouTube includes a plethora of music videos you can play in your browser. Enter the specific title of the music in YouTube’s search box to find a video for it.
Nevertheless, if you can’t find the music on the web, you can still fix corrupted music files with various software. MP3 Repair Tools and All Media Fixer are just two software worth noting. Some of the utilities included in this article might also come in handy for repairing corrupted music files.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 April Update breaks audio settings [FIX]
- Audio buzzing on Windows 10? Here’s 9 ways to fix it
- Fix: Edge Browser Audio Problems With YouTube in Windows 10
Twitter is the social media platform used for distributing short messages across the world. A platform that allows us to tweet whatever we wish, be […]
MS Office 2013 users can utilize templates for preformatted documents. However, some Office users have said that a Something went wrong while downloading your template […]
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]