- The D3dx9_43.dll is missing error usually affects games and can appear on almost any version of Windows.
- So, if d3dx9_43.dll was not found, you don’t have the necessary version of DirectX.
- One solution to fix this is to use third-party DLL fixers or update your video drivers.
- If d3dx9_43.dll is missing in Windows 10, then an SFC or DISM scan can also help.
DirectX errors are pretty common, especially those related to missing DLL files on Windows 10.
Users who experienced them have reported that the issue emerges immediately after starting a game or similar application.
One standard error is followed by the prompt that informs users about the d3dx9_43.dll file that’s missing. This error can be frustrating, as it affects your games.
In this guide, we have shown nine different ways to solve the issue effectively.
Why is d3dx9_43.dll not found?
There are different variations of this issue with varying causes. Below are some of the common ones:
- D3dx9 43.dll missing Windows 7, 8.1, 10: This issue can appear on almost any version of Windows, and even if you don’t use Windows 10, you should be able to apply most of our solutions.
- D3dx9_43.dll not found PES 2017, League of Legends, Stepmania, World of Tanks, Street Fighter X Tekken, Oblivion, Skyrim, Far Cry 4, GTA 5: Apparently, this issue can affect many games, and if you encounter this problem, make sure that you install the necessary version of DirectX.
- D3dx9_43.dll is missing: This is just a variation of the error, and in most cases, you can fix it by updating your drivers.
Additionally, some users have faced issues with d3dx9_43.dll download on Windows 11 devices, d3dx9_43.dll missing on Windows 10, d3dx9_43.dll download on 64 or 32 bit, and d3dx9_43.dll League of Legends.
Let us go straight to the solutions.
How do I fix the d3dx9_43.dll is missing error in Windows 10?
1. Use a third-party DLL fixer app
Microsoft recommends that users do not tamper with their DLLs unless they truly know what they are doing, and even then, they should create backups just in case.
In that case, third-party solutions are the next best thing because you can use them to perform this task automatically.
2. Reinstall DirectX
- Visit the Microsoft website to download the DirectX installer.
- Click the Download button.
- Finally, click the downloaded file and follow the simple onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
The d3dx9_43.dll not found error message usually appears if you don’t have the necessary version of DirectX installed.
If you’re having this issue while trying to run a particular game, you can fix the problem simply by running the DirectX setup file that came with the game. Almost all games come with the necessary DirectX setup file, which you can find on installation media or in the installation directory.
Look for the redist/directx directory and run the setup file from that directory to install the necessary version of DirectX. Once you install DirectX, the problem should be resolved entirely. If it did not solve your problem, move to the next solution.
3. Reinstall the problematic program
According to users, d3dx9_43.dll is missing error that can sometimes appear due to third-party applications.
Sometimes the application you’re trying to run might not be properly installed, which can cause this and many other problems.
To fix this issue, it’s advised that you reinstall the problematic application. There are a few ways to do that, but the most effective one is to use uninstaller software.
These special applications can remove any software from your PC, including all its files and registry entries.
If an application is causing this problem to appear, use the uninstaller software to remove it altogether. A good uninstaller can force remove stubborn and malicious apps without causing any damage to your PC.
Making sure your app is completely removed from your PC usually makes for an error-free reinstallation. Once you reinstall the application, the issue should be resolved.
4. Scan for malware and check your antivirus
- Press the Windows key and type virus.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Choose Scan options.
- Select your preferred scan option and click the Scan now button.
According to users, sometimes malware infection can cause d3dx9_43.dll not found error to appear. This is unlikely, but to be sure, we advise you to perform a full system scan and check for malware infections.
If your system isn’t infected, the next cause for this problem could be your antivirus. Sometimes your antivirus can interfere with your system, and to fix that, it’s advised to disable it.
If disabling the antivirus doesn’t work, you may remove it and switch to a different antivirus solution.
And there is no better antivirus software with trial versions you can try than ESET NOD32. This software guarantees your online and offline safety without affecting other processes on your PC.
Also, it detects viruses before they can affect your PC. It might be all you need to fix the d3dx9_43.dll is missing errors on Windows 10 and 11.
5. Check for graphics driver updates
5.1. Update driver manually
- Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Choose the Display adapters option.
- Right-click your graphics driver and choose Update driver.
- Choose the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Wait for the search to complete and install the updates available.
The d3dx9_43.dll not found error can be caused by an outdated graphics driver. As you know, DirectX corresponds to GPU, and with their mutual effort, you can enjoy visual effects.
However, if you don’t have appropriate drivers that respond to the current DirectX version, you’ll certainly bump into this or a similar error. Updating the driver should solve the issue in this case.
5.2. Update driver automatically
While there is nothing wrong with updating your drivers manually, there is always the risk of installing the wrong drivers. This can cause a bigger problem than the d3dx9_43.dll not found error.
To prevent this, we recommend using a dedicated driver updater in Outbyte Driver Updater. This top-notch software automatically scans, updates, and fixes broken, outdated, and missing drivers.
It recommends original drivers from trusted manufacturers from its extensive database. And with a whopping 18+ million drivers in its database, you bet it has everything needed to take care of your driver needs.
6. Perform an SFC and DISM scans
- Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- Type the command below and press Enter to run it:
- The scan will now start. Remember that this process can take about 15 minutes, so don’t interfere with it.
Once the scan is finished, the d3dx9_43.dll not found issue should be resolved. You might have to use a DISM scan if the problem is still there. To do that, follow these steps:
- RunCommand Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Now run the following command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- DISM scan will now start. DISM scan can take about 20 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
File corruption can sometimes cause d3dx9_43.dll is missing error to appear and to fix it, the best way would be to perform an SFC scan.
After the DISM scan is finished, check if the problem is still there.
If you could not run an SFC scan before, or if the SFC scan didn’t fix your problem, you might want to rerun it and check if that helps.
7. Copy the missing file from another PC
If you keep getting d3dx9_43.dll is missing error message, you might be able to fix the problem by copying the missing file from another PC.
Many websites allow you to download this file for free, but some of these websites can be malicious, so we strongly recommend that you don’t download this file from them.
To fix the problem, it’s always a better idea to copy this file from a friend’s PC.
Remember that your friend might not have this file on their PC, so this method isn’t always successful.
8. Install the latest updates
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Select the Update & Security option.
- Click the Check for updates button.
D3dx9_43.dll not found error can appear if your PC is outdated. To fix the problem, ensure that you update your PC is updated. The application you’re trying to run is up to date.
In addition, if you are getting the d3dx9_43.dll missing error on a single application like League of Legends, make sure you update the app.
How can I fix the d3dx9_43.dll not found on Windows 11?
If you are facing the d3dx9_43.dll not found error on Windows 11, the causes are similar on other versions of Windows.
To fix the issue, you can update your driver and PC and reinstall the faulty apps. Basically, you can try all the fixes in this guide to solve the problem on Windows 11.
Can I download d3dx9_43.dll?
D3dx9_43..dll is available for download on various websites. You can download and install it from the DLL installer on the official Microsoft website, as shown in this guide.
Also, you can get it from various third-party sites. So, you are not short of quality options.
That should conclude it. We certainly hope that you managed to resolve the d3dx9_43.dll and not found errors with the presented solutions.
If you are facing other issues like the VCOMP140.dll error on Windows 11, check our detailed guide on how to fix it quickly.
In addition, if you have questions or suggestions, post them in the comments below.