- D3dx9_43.dll is missing error usually affects games and can appear on almost any version of Windows.
The error message appears usually if you don’t have the necessary version of DirectX.
- Don't trust the first site that is offering a DLL download. These files can easily carry malware. If you go to our Fix DLL errors in Windows 10 section you will find all the solutions for these DLL problems.
- Open the Windows 10 errors hub for any issues with Windows 10 errors that you might get acquainted with.
A variety of DirectX errors that relate to missing DLL files are quite common in Windows 10.
Users that experienced them, have reported that issue emerges straight after they start a game or similar application.
One common error is followed by the prompt that informs users about the d3dx9_43.dll file that’s missing.
We made sure to cover all the possible reasons for this error in order to help you fix it. In order to resolve this problem, you should check the list below.
How can I resolve the d3dx9_43.dll is missing error in Windows 10?
D3dx9_43.dll is missing error usually affects games, and speaking of this error, here are some common issues reported by users:
- D3dx9 43 dll missing Windows 7, 8.1, 10 – This issue can appear on almost any version of Windows, and even if you don’t use Windows 10, you should be able to apply most of our solutions.
- D3dx9_43.dll missing PES 2017, League of Legends, Resident Evil 6, World of Tanks, Street Fighter X Tekken, Oblivion, Black Ops, Far Cry 4, GTA 5 –Apparently this issue can affect many games, and if you encounter this problem, make sure that you install the necessary version of DirectX.
- D3dx9_43.dll is not found – This is just a variation of the error, and in most cases you can fix it just by updating your drivers.
Solution 1 – Reinstall DirectX
D3dx9_43.dll is missing error message usually appears if you don’t have the necessary version of DirectX installed.
To fix the issue, you can download DirectX directly from Microsoft’s website. You can download the DirectX installer by following this link.
If you’re having this issue while trying to run a certain game, you can fix the problem simply by running the DirectX setup file that came with the game.
Almost all games come with the necessary DirectX setup file, and you can find it on installation media or in the installation directory.
Simply look for redist/directx directory and run the setup file from that directory in order to install the necessary version of DirectX.
Once you install DirectX, the problem should be completely resolved. If it did not solve your problem, move to the next solution.
Run a third-party DLL fixer
There are plenty of third-party programs out there that promise to fix or replace missing or broken DLLs, and most of them stay true to their word. However, if you are to choose just one, then there’s no way you can go wrong with Restoro.
How to use Restoro to fix missing or broken DLLs
- Download here Restoro and install it on your Windows 10 PC
- Let Restoro perform a full system scan
- When the scan is finished, press Clean Now
- Restoro will now proceed to fix your DLL-related issue.
Note: While Restoro can be downloaded for free, it has limited functionality until you activate it. That being the case, if you want the full benefit of a great PC repair and optimization tool, you should purchase the full license.
Solution 2 – Check for graphics driver updates
On the other hand, the lack of proper GPU drivers can and will cause similar errors in Windows 10 and earlier Windows iterations.
As you know, DirectX corresponds to GPU and, with their mutual effort, you’re able to enjoy visual effects.
However, if you don’t have appropriate drivers installed, the ones that respond to the current DirectX version, you’ll most certainly bump into this or similar error.
In addition, generic drivers provided by Windows update might be viable for, say, peripheral devices.
When it comes to GPU drivers, your best bet to avoid issues lies in the manual approach and official drivers.
Just navigate to manufacturer’s official site, search for your GPU model and download latest drivers:
If you don’t want to search for drivers manually, you can always download them using third-party software such as TweakBit Driver Updater.
The software is rather simple to use, and you can download the missing drivers with just a couple of clicks.
Once you’ve installed proper drivers, restart your PC and give the troubling program another try.
Solution 3 – Reinstall the problematic program
According to users, d3dx9_43.dll is missing error can sometimes appear due to third-party applications.
Sometimes the application you’re trying to run might not be properly installed, and that can cause this and many other problems to occur.
To fix this issue, it’s advised that you reinstall the problematic application. There are few ways to do that, but the most effective one is to use an uninstaller software such as IOBit Uninstaller.
In case you’re not familiar, uninstaller software is a special application that can remove any application, including all its files and registry entries.
If an application is causing this problem to appear, use the uninstaller software to completely remove it.
Once you reinstall the application, the issue should be resolved.
Solution 4 – Scan for malware and check your antivirus
According to users, sometimes malware infection can cause d3dx9_43.dll is missing error to appear.
This is unlikely, but just to be sure we advise you to perform a full system scan and check for malware infections.
If your system isn’t infected, the next cause for this problem could be your antivirus itself.
Sometimes your antivirus can interfere with your system, and in order to fix that, it’s advised to disable it.
If disabling the antivirus doesn’t work, maybe you should remove it and switch to a different antivirus solution.
Bitdefender is a great antivirus that won’t interfere with your system while providing maximum protection, so if you’re looking for a new antivirus, be sure to try Bitdefender.
Solution 5 – Perform an SFC and DISM scans
File corruption can sometimes cause d3dx9_43.dll is missing error to appear, and in order to fix it, the best way would be to perform an SFC scan.
This scan is designed to repair your Windows installation, and you can perform it by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now select Command Prompt (Admin). If you don’t have Command Prompt available, you can also use PowerShell (Admin).
- Once the Command Prompt opens, enter sfc /scannow and press Enter to run it.
- The scan will now start. Keep in mind that this process can take about 15 minutes, so don’t interfere with it.
Once the scan is finished, the issue should be resolved. If the problem is still there, you might have to use DISM scan. To do that, follow these steps:
- RunCommand Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Now run the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command.
- DISM scan will now start. DISM scan can take about 20 minutes or more, so don’t interrupt it.
After the DISM scan is finished, check if the problem is still there.
If you were unable to run SFC scan before, or if the SFC scan didn’t fix your problem, you might want to run it again and check if that helps.
Solution 6 – Copy the missing file from another PC
If you keep getting d3dx9_43.dll is missing error message, you might be able to fix the problem by copying the missing file from another PC.
Many websites allow you to download this file for free, but some of these websites can be malicious, so we strongly recommend that you don’t download this file from them.
To fix the problem, it’s always a better idea to copy this file from a friend’s PC.
Keep in mind that your friend might not have this file on its PC, so this method isn’t always successful.
Solution 7 – Install the latest updates
D3dx9_43.dll is missing error can appear if the application you’re trying to run is outdated. To fix the problem, make sure that the application your trying to run is up to date.
In addition to your application, it’s important to keep your system up to date as well.
Windows 10 usually downloads the updates automatically, but you can always check for updates manually by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app. The fastest way to do that is to use Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When Settings app opens, go to the Update & Security section.
- Click Check for updates button.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically in the background. Once you download the updates, restart your PC and the updates will be installed.
After your system is updated, the problem should be completely resolved.
That should conclude it. We certainly hope that you managed to resolve the d3dx9_43.dll is missing error with the presented solutions.
In addition, if you have questions or suggestions, make sure to post them in the comments section below.
FAQ: Read more about D3DX9_43.dll
- What is D3DX9_43.dll?
D3DX9_43.dll is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file, developed by Microsoft, as an essential system file associated with Microsoft DirectX for Windows. If you can’t install DirectX on Windows 10, fix that with our excellent guide.
- What is D3DX9_43.dll used for?
D3DX9_43.dll file, also known as Direct3D 9 Extensions, and it is linked to DirectX. If the d3dx9_43.dll file is missing or corrupt, your games won’t run because of DirectX problems.
- How can I fix D3DX9_43.dll is missing error?
D3dx9_43.dll is missing error message usually appears if you don’t have the necessary version of DirectX installed. Follow our full guide on how to fix the D3DX9_43.dll error.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September 2017 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.