Full Fix: Deceit game issues on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Deceit is a multiplayer first-person shooter that will put your instincts to the test. As a player, you wake up in an asylum to the sound of an unfamiliar voice, surrounded by five others. You realize that a third of your group have been infected with a virus. The only question is: who will escape?
Deceit is a challenging and interesting game, but players report it’s also affected by various technical issues. Fortunately, the game developers have published a useful post, explaining how to fix the most frequent Deceit bugs that gamers may encounter.
How to fix frequent Deceit bugs
Deceit is a unique multiplayer game, however, it has its share of issues. Speaking of issues, here are some common problems that users reported:
- Deceit game freezes, low fps – According to users, the game can sometimes freeze or encounter fps issues. To fix that, be sure to remove any problematic applications that might interfere with the game.
- Deceit won’t launch, start, not working, has stopped working – Many users reported that the game won’t start at all on their PC. This can be an issue, but you can fix it by disabling your antivirus software.
- Deceit failed to load profile – This is another common error, and it can be caused by missing components or corrupted game files. Verify the integrity of game files and install DirectX and Visual C++ components and the issue should be resolved.
- Deceit game keeps crashing – Crashes can occur due to certain third-party applications. To fix that, be sure to completely remove those applications.</li>
- Deceit voice chat not working – This issue can occur due to your audio configuration or your drivers. If your microphone is properly configured, update your audio drivers and check if that solves the problem.
Solution 1 – Restart Steam
Sometimes this problem can occur due to minor glitches with Steam. However, you just need to restart Steam to fix this problem. Once the Steam restarts, try to run the game again and check if that solves the problem.
Solution 2 – Check your antivirus
According to users, the most common cause for Deceit issues can be your antivirus software. To fix the problem, it’s required that you add the game to the exclusions list in your antivirus and allow it to go through your firewall.
If that doesn’t work, you can try disabling certain antivirus features, or disable your antivirus altogether. In case that doesn’t work, your final option is to remove your antivirus. Keep in mind that your system will be protected with Windows Defender if you remove your antivirus, so there’s no need to worry.
If removing the antivirus solves the problem, you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution. Bitdefender has a Gaming Mode feature, so it won’t interfere with your games in any way, and at the same time, it will provide the best protection on the market, so be sure to try it out.
Solution 3 – Install the latest updates
If you’re having issues with Deceit game, you might be able to solve those problems simply by installing the latest Windows updates. According to users, sometimes the certain bugs on Windows 10 can appear, and in order to fix them, the best method is to install the missing Windows updates.
Windows 10 usually installs the missing updates automatically, but you can always check for updates manually by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, go to Update & Security section.
- Click Check fr updates button.
- Windows will now check for updates. If any updates are available, they will be downloaded in the background and installed as soon as you restart your PC.
Once the latest updates are installed, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 4 – Install the latest drivers
Sometimes issues with Deceit and other games can occur if your drivers are out of date. Issues are usually caused by graphics card drivers, so be sure to update them first. You can download the necessary drivers simply by visiting your graphics card’s manufacturer’s website and searching for your model there.
However, sometimes other drivers can cause this issue to appear, and in order to fix it, it’s advised to update all other outdated drivers. This can be a tedious process if you’re doing it manually, so it’s better to use an automated solution, such as TweakBit Driver Updater, that will update all your drivers automatically with a single click.
Solution 5 – Remove problematic applications
Automaton has already acknowledged the annoying crashes affecting the game and is looking for a permanent fix. There are also cases where third-party programs are leading to crashes. Such external applications known to currently cause issues include NVIDIA ShadowPlay and NVIDIA GameStream.
In order to fix this problem, it’s advised to remove the problematic applications from your PC. There are several ways to do that, but the best method is to use an uninstaller software, such as Revo Uninstaller. If you’re not familiar, uninstaller software will remove the selected application along with all files and registry entries associated with it.
By using the uninstaller software, you’ll ensure that the application is completely removed from your PC. Once you remove the problematic applications, check if the issue is still there.
Solution 6 – Make sure that you download the latest patches
Although Deceit has various issues, developers are working hard to fix them. In fact, there were several patches released addressing frame rate and stability issues. To fix this and many other problems, be sure to keep the game updated.
Game Fire is a game booster that will get rid of freezes, lags, low FPS and other issues while playing. Download it now (free) for a better gaming experience.
Solution 7 – Download Universal C Runtime update
If you’re running Deceit on a Windows 7, Windows 8 computer, make sure that you’ve installed the Universal C Runtime update. You can download the update from Microsoft’s Support page.
Solution 8 – Edit game.cfg file
According to users, the game is forcing them to use 1920×1080 resolution regardless of their current display resolution. This can be a big problem for some users, and in order to fix it, you need to change few lines in game.cfg file.
This is relatively simple, and you can do it following these steps:
- <li< span=””>>Go to
- Locate game.cfg file and open it with Notepad.
- Now locate r_Height and r_Width values and change them to your current resolution accordingly.
After doing that, save changes and the game will be forced to start using the resolution you specified.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Conan Exiles crashes back to main menu
Solution 9 – Verify integrity of game files
If you have any issues with the game, that might be because game files are corrupted. This can happen for various reasons, but you can easily fix that by doing the following:
- Open Steam>.
<li>Go to your
- and locate
- it and choose
- from the
- Go to Local Filesg> tab and click Verify Integrityn> of Game Files button.
- The verification process will now start. This can take about 15 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
<p>Once the process is finished, try to start the game again.
Solution 10 – Make sure that you have the necessary components installed
Sometimes Deceit won’t run properly on your PC unless you have the necessary components installed. This is usually Visual C++ Redistributables and DirectX. You can usually find the required components in the game’s installation directory.
Simply search for vcredist and directX directories and run all setup files from these directories. Alternatively, you can download the necessary components for free from Microsoft’s website.
Solution 11 – Use dedicated graphics card
<p>According to users, they encounter various issues in Deceit, and the issue seems to be related to your graphics card. Many users have both integrated and on”>dedicated graphics, and sometimes that can lead to various issues.
To fix the problem, you need to open your graphics card control panel and set your dedicated graphics card as your default graphics. Alternatively, you can go to BIOS and turn off your integrated graphics. By doing so, you’ll force your system to only use dedicated graphics.
Deceit is a unique game, but it suffers from various issues, however, we hope that you managed to solve some of these issues by using our solutions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Steam “Incomplete installation” errors
- Fix: Steam errors on Windows 10
- Fix: Windows 10 Game bar not opening
Whether you want to record a tech or sports podcast, recording a podcast is usually easy. Set up a mic, start the audio recorder, and […]
The PDF format is one of the most popular file formats in the world. That’s why it is absolutely essential to have an excellent PDF […]