How to Fix Far Cry Errors in Windows 10, 8.1, 8
The last Far Cry game released from Ubisoft is one of the top games played in 2014 but there are some bugs that need fixing with this game and its compatibility with the Windows 10, 8.1, 8 operating system, fortunately for us we will be able to play this game in no time at all by following the guidelines posted a couple of rows below in order to fix the frequent issues appearing in Far Cry 3 for Windows 10, 8.1, 8.
There are a few glitches in the compatibility part of Far Cry on Windows 8 due to the fact that the Direct X is not responding correctly, Steam is not responding correctly, Windows 10, 8.1, 8 will encounter incompatibilities with Far Cry or maybe the drivers you are using on your system are outdated and needs updating.
How to fix Far Cry crashing (Windows 8.1, 8 fixes)
If Far Cry stops responding or crashes randomly:
- You need to be sure that Windows 8.1 or 8 has all the specific system requirements needed to play Far Cry.
- Check if the graphics driver you have in your Windows 8, 8.1 needs updating. We recommend you to download this driver updater tool (100% safe and tested by us) to do it automatically.
- When opening Far Cry your Antivirus might prevent it from running, to check if this is the case you will need to turn off the antivirus and try opening it again.
When Windows 8 tries to change the visual theme and crashes :
- Go to your Far Cry installation folder.
- Click (right click) on the Far Cry .exe .
- Click (left click) on “Properties”.
- Click(left click) on “Compatibility” tab in the upper side of the “Properties” window.
- Make sure you have the Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode on.
- Mark the “Disable Visual Themes”.
- Place a check mark in the “Disable Desktop Composition”.
- Open the game and see if it crashes.
For a better gaming experience, we recommend downloading Game Fire for free. It will help with various gaming issues, such as freezes, crashes, low FPS, lags and slow PC.
For the “DX11 Crash Error” do the steps below:
- Open the folder “C:Users/(open your username)/Documents/My games/Far Cry”.
- Click(right click) on “GamerProfile.xml” and select “Open With” and open it with Notepad.
- Search for the string that says “D3D11MultithreadedRendering”.
- Set this string above to “0”, this will disable the feature.
- After you set it to “0” it will look like “D3D11MultithreadedRendering=”0″”.
- Click (left click) on “ File” in the upper side of the Notepad and click(left click) on “Save”.
- Close Notepad and start Far Cry.
Windows Runtime error will crash your Far Cry game:
In order to fix this issue you will need to install the following in the order presented below.
- Directx9c, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86/64, (Win7/Vista) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 / (Win8)Microsoft .NET , Framework 3.5 on Windows 8, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
- If you are asked in the process to repair any files do so as it will fix any runtime files you have in the system.
“Exception Code: c0000005″ Crash Error in Far Cry:
- Disable any Direct X hooking software before opening the game.
- Usually the Direct X hooking programs are one of the following: Fraps, Evolve Client, Gamer OSD, ASUS Smart Doctor, Gigabyte OC Guru I & II, Steam Overlay.
Far Cry error “Ubisoft Game Launcher was not found. Please try re-installing the game. Error code: 3”:
- If you are a UPlay user, reinstall it from the official Uplay download site.
- If you are a Steam user, check the integrity of your game cache of the Steam (this will download any corrupted or missing game files).
FarCry 3 crashes in Windows 10: what to do?
For some incompatibility reasons, Far Cry 3 can crash in Windows 10. In this case, there are other solutions to check as the problems start from a different source.
First of all, try to uninstall the game, and reinstall it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:
1. Right-click on the ‘Setup’ file then click on ‘Properties’
2. Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab
3. Check ‘Run this program in Compatibility mode’ option
4. Once the game installed check its functionality
If this doesn’t work, try some basic but important things to do:
- Check if you have all the Windows Updates installed
- Check for latest GPU drivers which are compatible with Windows 10
- Disable any programs or overlays that could interfere with Far Cry 3
- Make sure that DirectX runtimes, Uplay and/or Visual C++ runtimes are installed and working
There you go, the most common errors you might have playing your Far Cry game on Windows 10, 8.1 and 8. Also for any additional information write us below and we will see how we can help you play this game to the maximum fun you want.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
After recent bad news stories about updates released by Microsoft for Windows 10, that you can read here and here, it is refreshing to read (or […]
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]