Primary display’s adapter doesn’t support NVIDIA 3D vision [FIX]
Dealing with video graphic cards problems while using your Windows 10 system is a real bummer. Depending on the error that you experience you might not be able to use certain programs or play your favorite games.
However, in most situations, these issues can be easily addressed, since after all, we are talking about a software malfunction. So, if you just got the ‘primary display’s adapter does not support nvidia 3d vision’ error message, don’t panic.
Follow the guidelines below and learn how to quickly resolve this problem.
Understanding the problem
Before choosing to apply the steps below, make sure that your device or computer can get 3D vision within the standard display. The Nvidia 3D protocol requires a certain screen resolution and a special monitor or else you cannot enjoy the actual 3D vision, even if the graphic card that’s installed offers built-in support for this feature.
If your monitor or display cannot support 3D vision you will have to connect an external monitor via HDMI connection.
Otherwise, the error message is most likely caused by a corrupted driver.
Display’s adapter won’t support NVIDIA 3D vision
- Apply Windows updates.
- Update graphic drivers.
- Uninstall and then re-install the graphic drivers.
1. Apply Windows updates
The reason why you might receive the ‘Primary display’s adapter does not support NVIDIA 3D vision’ message is because you are running an outdated OS version.
So, first of all, check if there are any Windows 10 updates waiting for your approval:
- Press Win+I hotkeys for bringing up System Settings.
- From there choose Update & Security.
- From the next window choose Windows Update from the left panel.
- And choose to apply the pending updates if there is such.
- Remember to restart your computer in the end.
2. Update graphic drivers
Most likely your graphic card driver is not updated and that’s why you are experiencing these problems. Therefore, try to automatically update these drivers:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button.
- From the list that will open choose Device Driver.
- Find the Nvidia drivers from Device Driver.
- Extend the Nvidia entry and right-click on the graphic driver.
- Choose Update.
- In the end restart your Windows 10 system
3. Uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia drivers
If the problem is still there you need to manually remove and install the graphic drivers again. This will definitely fix the ‘primary display’s adapter does not support nvidia 3d vision’ error message.
- First of all, uninstall everything that’s related with Nvidia. You can do that by accessing Control Panel – right-click on the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. Then from Control Panel switch to Category and under Programs click on Uninstall. Just remove the programs associated with Nvidia.
- Next, go to Device Manager again. Find the Nvidia entry and right-click on the graphic driver; choose uninstall and then restart your computer.
- Go to your C drive and look for any Nvidia left files – you should first go to Control Panel – > Appearance and Personalization – > Show hidden files and folder – > switch to View tab – > select Show hidden folders, files and drivers. Make sure you delete any remained Nvidia files before doing anything else.
- Now, access your manufacturer official website and download the latest drivers available for your system. Install these drivers manually by following on-screen prompts.
- Then, restart your Windows 10 device as the problem should have been fixed.
If the ‘Primary display’s adapter does not support NVIDIA 3D vision’ error message is still there, return to this tutorial and use the comments field below.
Try to describe your problem, and the background situation in detail so that we can find a better solution for your issue.
Also, if you encountered a different troubleshooting method that might resolve this malfunction, share it with us and we will update this tutorial accordingly.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- No sound after installing NVIDIA Graphics Drivers [Fix]
- Nvidia 384.xx drivers break Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4 and many other games
- Radeon Pro Duo is the world’s first dual-GPU graphics card with double the performance speed
Sometimes you might encounter Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the required video codec is not installed error on your PC. This specific […]
If you’re planning to reinstall Windows, you’ll need your activation key to activate it again, and in this article we’ll show you how to find […]
The Windows 10 registry is an important database that holds crucial settings, and in this article we’ll show you how to prevent access to registry […]