- Usually, Razer headphones are not working due to outdated or corrupted drivers.
- You can try to use the built-in sound troubleshooter to fix your Razer's issues.
- If your Razer Kraken headset is not detected in Windows 10, try reinstalling the device.
- When your Razer Kraken is not working on your PC, check if the sound settings are correct.
The Razer Kraken headset is a pair of headphones designed for gaming. Kraken headphones include retractable microphones that players can usually utilize for multiplayer games.
However, some users have reported that the Razer Kraken USB mic is not working for them.
The headphones might have great audio, but between the Razer headset not being detected and the razer mic not working it’s hard to keep the faith.
Fortunately, there are a few resolutions that might fix the Razer Kraken drivers and we have detailed them below.
What can I do if Razer Kraken is not detected?
1. Open the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter Control Panel in Run, and click the OK button.
- Next, click Troubleshooting to open the Control Panel applet shown directly below.
- Click View all on the left of the Control Panel window.
- Click Hardware and Devices to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Advanced and select Apply repairs automatically.
- Click Next to initiate the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. The troubleshooter might then detect issues and provide fixes for them.
Hardware and Devices is a built-in Windows 10 troubleshooter that helps users repair peripheral devices. Thus, that troubleshooter might provide a fix for the Razer Kraken microphone.
If you are also having issues with your Razer mouse, don’t hesitate to check our comprehensive guide and make your device work again.
2. Update the drivers with an advanced tool
Updating your drivers is the best solution to keep you away from this kind of issue. But, doing it manually can be time-consuming.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Select the Razer Kraken Headset Microphone as your default device
- Right-click the speaker icon on the system tray and select Sounds to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Recording tab on the Sound window.
- Right-click an empty space within the Recording tab and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Right-click the Razer Kraken Headset Microphone and select the Enable option.
- Then right-click Headset Microphone and select Set as Default Device.
- Press the Apply button, and click OK to close the window.
Sometimes Windows 10 automatically choose which device to be your default one for sounds. Choose the Razer headset and check if the problem persist.
4. Adjust the Headset Microphone Line in Volume
- Right-click the speaker icon within the system tray and select Sounds.
- Then select the Recording tab, right-click your Razer Kraken Headset Microphone and select the Properties option.
- Select the Levels tab on the Headset Microphone window.
- Drag the Line in the volume bar to the far right (100%) if required.
- In addition, click the Advanced tab.
- Select the lowest sample rate on the Default Format drop-down menu, which might be 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is. Click here to download and start repairing.
Maybe the volume level for the Razer microphone is set to a low level right from the driver properties, even if this a very rare event. Check the settings just to be sure.
5. Run the software in Administrator Mode
- Right-click the program’s shortcut or .exe icon and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab to open the options in the snapshot below.
- Select the Run this program as an administrator setting.
- Then click Apply > OK to apply the new option.
Run all the games, and other software, you utilize the Kraken microphone for in admin mode. That will ensure the software can access all connected peripherals.
6. Roll Back the Realtek Audio driver
- Open the Win + X menu with its Windows key + X hotkey.
- Click Device Manager.
- Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand that device category.
- Right-click Realtek Digital Output and select Properties.
- Click the Driver tab shown directly below.
- Then press the Roll Back Driver button if it isn’t grayed out.
Updating drivers often fixes peripherals. Yet, some Razer Kraken users have stated that rolling back Realtek audio driver updates fixed their headphones’ microphones.
So that resolution might work for you too if you can select the Roll Back Driver option for Realtek Digital Output.
7. Reinstall the Razer Kraken drivers
- If you can’t roll back the Realtek driver, try reinstalling the Razer Kraken driver instead. To reinstall the headphones’ driver, open the Device Manager window.
- Expand the Audio inputs and outputs device category.
- Then right-click your Kraken headphones and select Uninstall device.
- Press the Uninstall button on the dialog box window that opens.
- Then shut down Windows, and restart your desktop or laptop with the Kraken headphones connected. That will reinstall the Razer Kraken driver.
Not only the headset can give you various issues, but also the Razer mouse. Thus, we’ve also written a comprehensive guide that will help you solve all your mouse problems.
If the above resolutions don’t fix your Razer Kraken microphone, a hardware repair might be required.
You can return your Razer headphones to the manufacturer to repair or replace the headset if it’s still within a warranty period. Razer headsets have a one-year warranty support period.
Let us know how it worked for you in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Maybe it needs to be recalibrated. For more solutions, use our guide to fix all your Razer mouse problems on Windows 10.
If you’re having issues with Razer Chroma while playing, follow our guide on how to fix Razer Chroma issues in Gears 5.
Usually, there is a problem with your drivers. Take a look at our guide on how to fix Razer Kraken driver issues.